Transfer Case Output Shaft Free Play (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m going to take a WAG since you haven’t provided a year that you are working with a two piece ‘split’ case.

The bearings provided in the reputable rebuild kits are usually spot on if you have reliable production date data. And interestingly enough, even with that reliable data, the companies that assemble the kits include more than one seal.

So even if your production date data was/is off, you should still have the correct seal in your kit.

Valley hybrids will know.

Ask George. Good fella

But to wide or too tall of a bearing?
The replacement is to big in diameter...the one that was in it is about 2mm smaller. I can only find the part number for the one with the larger diameter. To make things worse, the clown before me mixed the bearing with the inner race from a different bearing. The outer and inner races didn`t match.:mad:

I’m going to take a WAG since you haven’t provided a year that you are working with a two piece ‘split’ case.

The bearings provided in the reputable rebuild kits are usually spot on if you have reliable production date data. And interestingly enough, even with that reliable data, the companies that assemble the kits include more than one seal.

So even if your production date data was/is off, you should still have the correct seal in your kit.
Ya , it`s asplit case. Should be a later model...idler is with bearings and not bushings. I gotta measure the seal and bearings...maybe someone can tell me a part number or something. Feel like I`m on a treasure hunt.

The replacement is to big in diameter...the one that was in it is about 2mm smaller. I can only find the part number for the one with the larger diameter. To make things worse, the clown before me mixed the bearing with the inner race from a different bearing. The outer and inner races didn`t match.:mad:
Oh man. Wish I could be more help

If I recall my kit has a slightly taller bearing race. But it works fine.

Oh man. Wish I could be more help

If I recall my kit has a slightly taller bearing race. But it works fine.
Measured it out....the original bearing in the transfercase output to the rear driveshaft has an outer diameter of 80mm. The one that should be in there is 85mm...so I am guessing this is not an 80-84 transfercase from a BJ45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom