Transfer Case Linkage Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DoubleNickels

SILVER Star
Threads
Still chipping away at the tranny conversion on my FJ62, ditching the auto and going to a late model (long) 4 speed. I believe I am missing at least 2 bushings where the transfer linkage attaches to the manual transmission. Anything else that goes here? Seems an awfully long stud...

Note this is for a vacuum actuated split case. You can see I'm preparing to shorten the rod length, really in the home stretch of this conversion. Thanks for the help.

Calvin

20201022_213116.jpg

Wondering if there are two stud lengths that came from Toyota, the long one accommodates the manual 4WD engagement as it has another linkage? If that's the case, sure looks like I need a short one? Just a guess.

Should be able to pull the mounting stud off of the automatic and swap it to the 4 speed. They are definitely different lengths. The vacuum shift shifter stud being the shorter.

Thanks. I'll put some feelers out in the Classifieds, see if I can find that post. Worst case scenario I guess I could fabricate a spacer of sorts.

Calvin

Should be able to pull the mounting stud off of the automatic and swap it to the 4 speed. They are definitely different lengths. The vacuum shift shifter stud being the shorter.

The auto is long gone and that post went with it. Dang.

Appreciate the pics.

Thanks again! I also posted a want ad, but I'll follow your rec.

Regards

Calvin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom