Transfer case leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Parked the FJ Monday - didn't drive it Tuesday. Walk out this morning to see a bit of a leak under the rig. Definitely was not there yesterday. Coming from the transfer case. Looks to be leaking from sealant - I'm assuming that I can take off the access panel and hopefully give the bolt inside a bit of a tightening down to try and seal it. Anyone been there done that? Transfer case was swapped out last year fwiw so the sealant I would suspect would be new(ish). Pictures taken about 5 minutes apart.

I probably wouldn't give a crap - but the dog likes to sleep under the FJ when it's sunny out and don't want her all oily. <lol>
IMG_2057.jpeg
IMG_2056.jpeg

That red fliud is ATF leaking from the auto tranny. Unless the PO also filled the transfer case with ATF. Shudder... Pull the drain plug on the transfer case and see what you are dealing with.
ah fudge you're right - had that problem last year - put in a TH350 and advance adapter set up. But last year the leak was coming from the front prop shaft output. Guess back to the shop. sigh.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom