transfer case identification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
man i cant seem to catch a brake here lol. google and forum searched and cant find the info i need. my outputshaft seal for the rear driveline is leaking . vato zone gave me a list of 4 different xfer case's that came in my year truck all with different seals of course. there are no visible tags on my case. does anyone know how to identify which xfer case i have? 90 dx 5 speed with the v6 if that helps

Punch your VIN into toyodiy.com and pull the Yota part number. Putting in your VIN will drill down to the sub model of your truck and give you a part number for your truck.

What tranny do you have? You can get that off your data plate under the hood

IIRC, the 5-speed manual box that came with the V6 was the R150F, which should have the RF1A transfer case which I think has a 7-bolt cover.

There are a few other combos out there but the above is the most common I think. I'm sure you could dig the info up on the interwebz once you verify the gearbox you have.

Last edited:
Very simple. Call Sam or Onur (beno) with your VIN. They will mail you the correct OEM part that will fit. Don't forget to also get a new stake nut for the shaft.

You have the VF1A behind your R150f, which is a chain drive transfer case. The RF1A was only behind the 4 cylinder transmissions up to 95 and are gear driven (more desirable because you can lower the gear ratio). Here is a link to rockauto.com (remember VF1A behind 6cyl, last option is yours).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom