Transfer case hi-lo shift linkage bolt question fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a 1988 fj62

My truck is missing the bolt/pin/nut that connects the hi-lo shifter linkage to the transfer case. I can't seem to find the proper term for this part, nor any diagram of this part in my FSMs. Any chance anyone knows what the proper bolt/pin/nut/washer setup is for this? It looks just like a 10mm bolt to me, but I'm not sure if there's supposed to be a cotter pin, or a washer or what, cause it was missing when I acquired the truck.
Or if anyone knows where the damn diagram of the shifter linkage is in the FSMs??

See pic attached for what I'm talking about (stolen from a pic in the classifieds, on my truck that shifter arm is not bolted to the shift lever on the tcase.)

transfer-case-tranny copy.jpg

Last edited:
Here's some pictures to help
Thanks, I did also manage to find that diagram but I think it is for either a manual or a 60 (not 62). Part 36362 in that diagram does not look like mine. You can kinda see the difference in the pic i posted. And the shifter arm in that last pic doesn't look like mine at all. 😕

OK though using the diagram posted by @OSS I found this which looks correct!

So i think i need part 36351C (bolt) toyota pn 9024008128, 90468-16012 (cotter pin) toyota pn 9046816012, 36307A (oil seal?) toyota pn 9031313001
MCE278B.png

I hope this will be it!

Last edited:
Yeah - the drawings & pics I posted are for a FJ60, not 62. My boo boo. Guess I should have read the title entirely...

Just find the right size bolt or Clevis pin to mount it. Are you doing a concourse level resto that you need the correct part number?

And if you are missing the arm, the shift fork shaft has likely dropped into the t-case. Why do you need the oil seal?

If anyone else comes upon this thread, I just needed the clevis pin/bolt, and it fit correctly. Bolt is toyota pn 9024008128,and pin is toyota pn 9046816012. Costs like a buck from oemgenuineparts.com, got a few other things while i was there.

Most diagrams and discusson on the internet refer to the fj60 transfer case, which has a different linkage.

Now to figure out why I can't move the tcase 2H/4L shift lever at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom