Transfer case choice on LS swap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Starting to assemble parts for an LS swap this winter after hunting season. I have the LS (several actually), I have a new built 4L80E (but it's 2wd), and have done LS swaps on other rigs so I am not new to it. What I am wondering about is the Transfer Case. I could find a 4wd 4L80 and use the stock T/C with the advanced adapters piece, but I wonder about other T-cases that have lesser expensive adapters and better options like part time? It's not that I'm unwilling to spend the dough on the stock adapter, it's the question of smart money. I'd even be willing to purchase an aftermarket T/C if I knew what to look at? It's triple locked with 5.29 gears currently, and will have either 35's or 37's once I make up my mind. I spend more time on my go fast toys right now (twin turbo LS s-10) so I'm a little out of touch on the 4WD stuff, but I'm ready to actually have some power in the Cruiser!

The fuel tank and the axle offsets really limit what you can use. If you section the tank or relocate it, you'd have more options.

Starting to assemble parts for an LS swap this winter after hunting season. I have the LS (several actually), I have a new built 4L80E (but it's 2wd), and have done LS swaps on other rigs so I am not new to it. What I am wondering about is the Transfer Case. I could find a 4wd 4L80 and use the stock T/C with the advanced adapters piece, but I wonder about other T-cases that have lesser expensive adapters and better options like part time? It's not that I'm unwilling to spend the dough on the stock adapter, it's the question of smart money. I'd even be willing to purchase an aftermarket T/C if I knew what to look at? It's triple locked with 5.29 gears currently, and will have either 35's or 37's once I make up my mind. I spend more time on my go fast toys right now (twin turbo LS s-10) so I'm a little out of touch on the 4WD stuff, but I'm ready to actually have some power in the Cruiser!

Did you find any other options?

Range Rover, lt230.. swap the flanges and you can use Toyota shafts..

I have used the 60 series split case in two 80 series swaps. Manual locking hubs up front. Add a set of twin sticks and you also get 2WD Low in the bargain.

I am running the stock (rebuilt) T-case with 3:1 crawler gears, part-time kit, 4.88’s and 37’s.

Very happy with it, but I do have a 6L80 so that cause change the calculus for highway cruising and low-low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom