Transfer case bearing part number help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Howdy,

I need the part number for the small bearing on the end of the idler shaft in the transfer case. I am unable to get clarity on the correct part number. Anyone know the part number for this, maybe @beno ?

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.12.17 PM.png

Thanks in advance.

David

I was gonna replace this bearing since the outer race could freely slide in and out of the housing but ended up using retainer compound to solve the problem. @LC4LIFE are you replacing all bearings or is there a problem with that one?

ECB666A4-CCE3-46EB-B0E9-BC6B68B07D6A.jpeg
I was gonna replace this bearing since the outer race could freely slide in and out of the housing but ended up using retainer compound to solve the problem. @LC4LIFE are you replacing all bearings or is there a problem with that one?
I’m only replacing front and rear output shaft bearings, but ran into this once I tore it down. The race has a little more wear on it than I’m comfortable with.

Last edited:
This bearing in mine also had more wear than I was comfortable leaving it in there. Also when I was searching for part numbers I found another member who had replaced just the rear idler bearing as well due to wear. Seems to be a pattern forming...

Here’s what mine looked like.

D2200F84-6A4A-4EEC-8034-ACF8A660CFAB.jpeg

Yeah, maybe since its a bit smaller than the other bearings it just works a bit harder leading to more wear.....geez, I talk like this thing is alive:rolleyes:

Revival

Are the front and rear output bearings usually the cause of whining? And maybe that one LC4LIFE was looking for?

My transfer is whining and if I can get away with just replacing those 3 bearings that would be great! Cheaper also :hillbilly:

Revival

Are the front and rear output bearings usually the cause of whining? And maybe that one LC4LIFE was looking for?

My transfer is whining and if I can get away with just replacing those 3 bearings that would be great! Cheaper also :hillbilly:

Are you sure it’s the tcase? I always think of whining sounds as being a gear mesh issue whether in the differentials or the tcase. In my experience bearings typically exhibit a growling noise.

I guess I will find out this weekend. Gonna pull and tear down. Drained the oil and no glitter in it so that’s a good sign. From my experience when gears are worn you get glitter!

I guess I will find out this weekend. Gonna pull and tear down. Drained the oil and no glitter in it so that’s a good sign. From my experience when gears are worn you get glitter!

yeah I guess sleeping on it; in general worn bearings would affect the gear mesh resulting noise. Not sure how sensitive the tcase gears are in these compared to a differential. My input and output bearings in the case were good but I replaced anyway. My idler bearing as you can see in the pic in post 7 had some wear so I replaced it as well though I didn’t have any bad noises. I was just doing a while I was in there for tcase gear swap. Good luck! Hope you find a smoking gun!

@Onur
Do you have the part number for that race as well, or does it come with the bearing?
Mine is falling out as well, will probably try the bearing retainer stuff but figured gathering the part numbers would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom