transfeer case brace (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having some trouble taking the transmission/transfer case funnel /cover off,are their
some bolts underneath that i'm missing.Will try again in the morning when light comes back.sugestions?

ehh funnel cover? do you mean the stamped sheet metal cover on the end of the case to get at the shaft nut?? no, nothing under it, just the 6 bolts and pry it off.

Basically, he/we need to know how to remove the tranny hump.. We've already removed all the bolts holding it down, both of the seats and the seat brackets.... But it seems to be getting hung up on the gas tank.. Do we need to remove that also?

Got a Haynes manual? What does it say? I don't really know what the operation is like on a 60, but it can't be too complicated. Isn't the fuel tank in the rear? It's possible that the old weatherstrip glue is just making it stick to the floorboard. Try prying on it with a big flatblade screwdriver in a few spots.

In their 40 clowney! Should just come up with some prying as far as I know.

Yes the tank in a 40 needs to be shifted out of the way to remove the cover. If you still have a tank shield, take it off and the tank can be propped up to allow the cover to come out.

Cdaniel said:
Yes the tank in a 40 needs to be shifted out of the way to remove the cover. If you still have a tank shield, take it off and the tank can be propped up to allow the cover to come out.
Cool thanks...

it was nothing the ole sawsall couldn't fix...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom