TransAm Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Has anyone done this all of it or parts of it, and is it worth it espescially seeing as I would need to buy maps for each state, it looks like it goes thru tenn,miss, ark. okl colorado new mex Utah and oregon also Idaho any info would appreciaited.

I have not done it personally, but a past coworker of mine lives in Tennessee and has ridden Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas on his Dual Sport bike. He said it was great for a motorcycle and did not run into anything a 4WD truck couldn't do. He did say that be prepared for reroutes as you will ride for miles to encounter a gate and fences blocking the trail. with that he said its easy to back track and reroute via blacktop and get back on the trails.

Excellent thnks for intel, Im putting as much dirt time as I can so this looks like a good option.

It has been on my To-Do list for sometime now, if you want to tackle sections, keep me posted as I would meet up and go through a few states for a few weeks. my work schedule allows me every other month off.

Reactions: RFB
also, I believe he used a scroll style map that he purchased. he did it a few years back, im sure there is GPS mapping now, but he said the scrolling map worked well.

It has been on my To-Do list for sometime now, if you want to tackle sections, keep me posted as I would meet up and go through a few states for a few weeks. my work schedule allows me every other month off.
I will most definitely do that.

I rode from Tennessee to Utah solo back in 2005 on a KTM 950 Adventure. It was the first big motorcycle trip I had taken and the KTM was only about a month old. It was part of a 6 week 10,000 mile solo adventure of riding around North America and one of my favorite life experiences. pictures from that ride can be seen here... These days my gear is better and I pack a lot lighter.

100_0214-XL.jpg

I rode from Tennessee to Utah solo back in 2005 on a KTM 950 Adventure. It was the first big motorcycle trip I had taken and the KTM was only about a month old. It was part of a 6 week 10,000 mile solo adventure of riding around North America and one of my favorite life experiences. pictures from that ride can be seen here... These days my gear is better and I pack a lot lighter.
I am looking at driving the Tennessee portion of the TAT, at least the parts where my 2013 Cruiser will fit. I have the GPX tracks and with satellite view on Gaia it looks like a good bit of it is wide enough. Since you have ridden it, can you remember any sections where a 200 would not fit and have to find another route?

I don’t remember anything real problematic in Tennessee. War loop road had some mild technical stuff and some downed trees but nothing crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom