trans switch and new knock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As is states. I pulled everything off the front of the engine and replaced all the seals and gaskets. After that I dropped trans and changed rear main. I changed all fluids and after reinstalling it had a knock upon start up. I dropped trans and inspected for damage and saw none. reinstalled and still was there. Pulled again and sent torque converter to el paso to rebuilt. reinstalled it all and still there. Any ideas??

Give the engine a tune up to rule out misfirings causing engine parts to bang together

I’m assuming since you pulled the trans multiple times and sent the converter out for a rebuild that you sense the noise is from the rear?

Did you run it with the trans out?

You could also look at the accessory drive harmonic balancer, etc.

Why don’t you make a quick video. You need to narrow down the area. You removed and replaced a great deal of parts many of which could cause a knock.

I have a video but took the oil pan off and found out my thrust washers are just hanging so the thrust bearing has gone out. SMH guy made an offer to me of 4750. but I have a whole front end rebuild if anyone is interested. just going to let it go as I was daily it and needing something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom