Trans differences? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In a recent thread there was mention of a h151 trans. Whats the difference between that and a r150, r151f as for ratios and strength?

I don't know much about Hilux/mini-truck transmissions, but I believe the R151 has a slightly lower first gear ratio, and is considered the strongest of the transmissions used in those trucks.

Alan

Last edited:
H150, H151 where used in 80series, 79series and 100series. They are a lot larger, heavier, stronger gearbox than the R series boxes.
R series boxes were used in the much lighter hilux/mini truck vehicles, and for some stupid reason, in non-turbo diesel 105series landcruiser. They are a known weakness in the 105 series cruiser, just not tough enough.

gearing is different between H150 and H151. They have huge bearings, and heavy wide gears. They are basically a light truck box.
put side by side with R series box, the difference is obvious.

google will show the ratios with a quick search

Sorry, my bad - misread the OP, thought he asked about the R151.

I don't know much about Hilux/mini-truck transmissions, but I believe the R151 has a slightly lower first gear ratio, and is considered the strongest of the transmissions used in those trucks.

Alan

Let me clarify some. I am familiar with the R150/R151F and their strengths and ratios. I really asking what is different about the Cruiser H151 and what is different about it compared to the other trans I listed.

H151 vs H150

150 have lower 1st and input 21 fine spline using 275mm disc / clutch

151 taller 1st and input with 14 coarse splines using 300mm disc / clutch

other than than are the same tranny ..

Any idea on horsepower rating? Trans to BH pattern compared to R15X series?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom