Trans cooler hard line (discontinued?) (1 Viewer)

Haven't driven my baby in about 2 months thanks to the gas prices :confused:

200 mile daily commute is killing me even in my beater :hungover:

Last week I noticed a few drops of red stuff on my garage floor coming from the drivers side :oops:

Put her up on a lift today and found a small drip coming from one of the two short hard lines that run through the hole in the core support (#8 in this diagram) :meh:

684513055.jpg

According to our compooter, it's discontinued and my local stealership won't answer their damn phone on a Saturday :bang:

684513074.jpg

Anyone know where I can source one of these online so I can get it done next weekend?

Also, I figure I can just replace all of the rubber hoses with high temp bulk hose :hmm:

Can someone confirm the size? (Im guessing 3/8 ID)

Someone in the classifieds had some rust free pulls available recently.

Mine were rusted pretty bad. I ended up bypassing that part altogether and ran my hoses through the core support wrapped in an additional section of silicon hose for protection from chafing. I used 3/8 gates transmission cooler hose and 3/4 inch silicone heater hose.

20220812_175224.jpg

Last edited:
Did a trans cooler delete cuz it was hammered dogsh*t anyway. So you’re welcome to my left over parts. PM me your address. Btw, I had a leak there when I got my POS 7 years ago. Hella hard to get to spot. Easier to pull it all and attach a hose then reinstall.

Someone in the classifieds had some rust free pulls available recently.

Mine were rusted pretty bad. I ended up bypassing that part altogether and ran my hoses through the core support wrapped in an additional section of silicon hose for protection from chafing. I used 3/8 gates transmission cooler hose and 3/4 inch silicone heater hose.

View attachment 3111097

Thanks for the info :cool:

I was wondering how much room I had to play with cause it's difficult to see without pulling the battery tray

If I can't locate a new one or a used one in decent condition, I may very well bypass it too

Did a trans cooler delete cuz it was hammered dogsh*t anyway. So you’re welcome to my left over parts. PM me your address. Btw, I had a leak there when I got my POS 7 years ago. Hella hard to get to spot. Easier to pull it all and attach a hose then reinstall.

PM sent :)

If not wanting to stay Toyota, any Hydraulic shop would be able to get you fixed do up.

Big thanks to Saito for sending this out to me :)

20220916_093318.jpg

Gunna throw some paint on it and hopefully get it installed this weekend :cool:

I had ordered 10ft of braided 3/8" trans cooler hose, but I guess I should've confirmed I.D. as what I got is too small :eek:

Ordered up some 1/2" of the same (should arrive tomorrow)

20220913_003123.jpg

20220913_003119.jpg

I just hope I don't snap any bolts on whatever I have to remove to get to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom