Tranny x member questions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking to install my ipor xmember/skid sometime soon but have a couple questions.

Since Ive already snapped 2 of the 8 bolts that hold the oe member in place Im wondering whats gonna happen when I try to turn the tranny mount bolts in the center. I know they are studs but are they part of the bushing assembly or can new studs be installed somehow? Worst case scenario, think Id be able to weld new studs on if they do snap?

I have a plan for the xmember mount bolts that should work its just these studs that are preventing me from going at it.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

D

There is no way to replace. They are cast to the rubber like the motor mounts. Just order up one of the heavy duty ones the sell here. should fit. Good luck. Welding will not work. It will melt the rubber.

PB Blaster all over the nuts and bolts well in advance so it can soak in...and hope for the best. I soaked mine overnight before trying...and only one bolt snapped. If the mount studs snap, than you definitely will need to replace the whole isolater assembly. In the end well worth the effort, as you will love your IPOR.

:cheers:

Steve

Im gonna soak the bolts again (3rd time in 3 weeks) before attempting to get any more out.

The isolator has me worried and now im thinking of getting one in advance. Who sells the HD one mentioned above?

Thanks for the replies.

D

Bump,

Who sells the hd isolator? I searched with no results.

D

Sorry, talked out of my ass about the HD ones. I have not verified the ones I have seen(for the mini trucks) fit here as well. The more I think about it, a new OEM would be better. It is rubber vs polyurethane. Factory has less vibes transmitted. Good luck.

-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom