tranny woes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It seems that my 80 is angry with me. First the speedo problems and now a tranny problem.
It started out that once in a while, while in drive and stopping at a stop sign or light, when I went to go, the engine would rev for a few seconds before the tranny would kick in and start going. The first time it did it, I did a complete tranny service on it. The screen was clean, the fluid looked great and was at the proper level, and there was no material in the bottom of the pan. Wasn't sure what the problem was but the issue went away for about 2 weeks. But now its back and is happening more often. I sure hope this isn't an expensive problem! :crybaby:

Any suggestions??? :idea:

I've no idea, really.

But occasionally, when putting my '93 into drive, my Cruiser acts like it's (mostly) in neutral. Kind of like it's between drive and neutral. I get lots of revs and only a little go-go.

If I just shift it into neutral and back into drive it engages fine and off I go. My wife says I move the selector from park to drive too quickly, and it never happens to her, because she engages drive more slowly. Maybe so. Don't know why this happens, regardless.

I don't have any other noticeable tranny quirks--other than the occasional polite little clunk when I put it in reverse.

Maybe your problem is related?

Hayes

Solenoid problem = seemingly common on the primitive, bus trannies. ;)

hopefully I won't be needing that tranny from you, but I'll keep ya in mind if it comes to that.
thanks
:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom