Tranny/Tcase ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I pulled the tranny and t/case. Where does the tranny stop and the tcase start??

Its on a 94, and I think the tcase starts at the cast iron, Like the cast iron part is the reduction box or a adapter going to the tcase.

Sorry, but that's a really funny question!

:lol: :lol:

Honestly,

I'm not even poking fun at you; heck, you did manage to pull them yourself! :)

Hang in there; someone will chime in...

Curtis

Sorry, but that's a really funny question!

:lol: :lol:

Honestly,

I'm not even poking fun at you; heck, you did manage to pull them yourself! :)

Hang in there; someone will chime in...

Curtis

I know its a funny ? but I bought this 80 on a whim hoping it had elockers now I am parting the whole thing.

So pulled the whole body. Just pulled the body mounts, and cut the fenders at the firewall. Two high lifts and a come a long,and a tractor with loader. Took about 2 hours. Then I pull the tranny and tcase it was pretty easy from the top. Once I got it all disconected I lifted it with the loader.

Then I look at the tranny, there is a allimun body with a cast iron adapter thingie then the tcase. Well I call the guy that bought the tranny and no answer. So I thought I would post up and see what kind of info I could find.

Help, is the cast iron thing part of the tcase or part of the tranny?

I want to seperate this thing nice and clean.

JY

Last edited:
Jason,
Here's a picture of the transmission support housing. The pictures facing side is the side that connects to the transmission housing. This holds ATF oil inside it. The side that you can't see (Facing the wall) is the side that connects to the transfer case.
t-case.jpg

Jason,
Here's a picture of the transmission support housing. The pictures facing side is the side that connects to the transmission housing. This holds ATF oil inside it. The side that you can't see (Facing the wall) is the side that connects to the transfer case.

As per I phone conversation, I pulled the 6 17 mm bolts. The tranny is on the way should arrive monday. weight was 280lbs crated up.

There is no FLUID in the tranny.

Thanks for the info this morning.

Jason,

is that the parking pawl at the bottom? if so that is a beffy SOB. asuming from your sig that is a pic of a A440F tail housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom