tranny & t-case weights

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by cajunqueen, Feb 17, 2003.

1. cajunqueen

cajunqueen

Anybody know the approximate weight of a SM465 and NP205 still hooked together with bellhousing? Also, the best freight company to deal with for big parts shipping.

Thanks

2. Halo3

Halo3

I can't help with your weight question, but there's a thread over in the Chit Chat section entitled "Couple things I'd like to share" (http://www.ih8mud.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=chitchat;action=display;num=1044718218).

I can concur with Roadway being a relatively cheap freight source, as I had the Shaker hood for my Dakota shipped by them.

I also remember an older thread on this forum where some of members were discussing using Greyhound Buslines to transport their LC goodies. I believe someone had mentioned they'd shipped an axle this way...

3. Niner

Niner

From what I have found if the company you work for has a account with a trucking company and there is a terminal where the seller/buyer are this is the best way. Companies have contracts with trucking companies, so this is the cheapest way I have found.

As far as the weight goes I tried to weigh mine last night but the scale I had only went to 200#'s

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.