tranny swaps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
difficulty of swap from 2003 3.4V6 Automatic to 5speed with transfer and rear diff from a 2002

Auto to manual swap is pretty labor intensive - basic parts list would be manual tranny, clutch pedal bracket, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, all the hydraulic lines, manual ECU among other small odds and ends.

Also to make things more complicated is your truck is a 2003 which means it has the electronic kick down cable and the throttle body is different. I'm not sure on a 2003-2004 auto to manual swap what would need to be done to correct that.

I'd only consider doing this if you had a complete parts truck to pull your parts from but you might quickly find yourself down a rabbit hole. Swapping the rear diff is not too bad, just drain the oil, disconnect the driveshaft & drum brakes, pull your axle shafts & undo the 3rd member.

Auto to manual swap is pretty labor intensive - basic parts list would be manual tranny, clutch pedal bracket, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, all the hydraulic lines, manual ECU among other small odds and ends.

Also to make things more complicated is your truck is a 2003 which means it has the electronic kick down cable and the throttle body is different. I'm not sure on a 2003-2004 auto to manual swap what would need to be done to correct that.

I'd only consider doing this if you had a complete parts truck to pull your parts from but you might quickly find yourself down a rabbit hole. Swapping the rear diff is not too bad, just drain the oil, disconnect the driveshaft & drum brakes, pull your axle shafts & undo the 3rd member.
Thanks so much for your reply and thorough explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom