Tranny rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well I just got the cruiser its an 89 fj62 and the tranny is puking oil some where but I found a receipt that says the tranny and transfer case was gone through at 237K miles.(its at 252K now) My question is should I just drop it and replace the seals or should I go through it again? it shifts well and when I drained and filled the tranny the magnet on the plug didnt have alot of metal and the oil was still clean. My thoughts are to just reseal and get it holding oil, but I'm kinda new to cruisers and dont know all the tricks yet. Any advice is appreciated.

well I just got the cruiser its an 89 fj62 and the tranny is puking oil some where. Any advice is appreciated.

how about finding where the leak is coming from? could be one of the lines running to the cooler.

Of course sorry meant to phrase this as if it's not something ultra simple and I need to drop the tranny to do the seals should i just do seals.

kinda my thoughts as well I just wasnt sure with these rigs which way is more beneficial

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom