Tranny Hump ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a '78 fj40 and the production date is Nov.1978. I was told this is a '79, but it hase a round bezel and gas tank is under the passenger seat. I pulled the i piece floor mat out and found that the tranny hump is missing all but 6 screws and no weatherstrip. Most of the holes don't line up w/the holes in the tub, and there's a 1" gap @ the bottom of the gas pedal. Look's like the PO put in the wrong hump and left it. Is this a earlier or later model hump and any idea where i could get a good stock(unmodified) used one for this production date fj40 ?. Thank's, Mike

iirc. 3spd and 4 spd humps are different you migh have a 3 spd thrans hump?

Is the hump you have causing you grief with anything? If not, drill new holes in the hump to line up with the holes in your tub. Some sheet metal and rivets should take care of the gap by the gas pedal. Slap on some paint and weatherstrip and call her done. Later when you put in a new tranny or if you have some reason to change it out, get whatever hump you need. I think that would be the cheapest way to go. If you want to find a <78 hump, you will probably get one for free at your local cruiserhead meeting. There seem to be alot of modified cruisers in CO. Or try Cruiserparts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom