Tranny hose blew- no reverse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hicruise55

IH8MUD VOYEUR
Threads
The GF has a 2003, tranny line wasn't in the clip above the skidplate, it was rubbing on it though! Wore through and lost lots of oil!
She noticed a "power issue" about 10 miles before, then pulled over after a pretty decent grade..
It didn't want to go on the trailer, but got it up.. fixed the line, refilled, drove it, worked it through all gears- but reverse. No reverse. Seemed like it was in limp mode, just diconected the battery as CEL was on, light is now off, still no reverse.

Dipstick was low, kept filling, now maybe a lil high if anything ‍♂️

Thoughts?

Thank You!
Cruise On!

Looks like it has first and second. No third, fourth, or reverse

Clutches are gone.
Trans fluid has friction modifiers in it to help the clutches grab, but when the clutches are ran without enough fluid they wear instead of the trans fluid doing the wearing.

The clutches that wore were the ones being used, 3rd and 4th. I don't know the route the fluid takes in that trans, usually reverse is the last to get fluid.

You can try miracle in a bottle.

But you need a new trans.

Well the bad new we weren't hoping for, no warning lights.. anybody have a decent used tranny in the PNW?

First you need to make sure your transmission fluid is at the right level. You don’t want it too low or “a little high if anything”. You need it dead on. When I did a trans fluid exchange I failed to top it off by only 1qt and because of that it wouldn’t let me get into drive. Start with the simple things before replacing the entire transmission. Be sure to test the fluid level when the trans is at operating temp.

Also, make sure you're measuring the level properly to get an accurate reading. Think fluid should be warm, engine running, level ground, IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom