Tranny cooler ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jas89

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone know if you can run a seperate tranny cooler on a 62 without running it through the original radiator? I just got a great deal on a 4 row fj60 radiator, it does'nt have the locations for the tranny cooler lines.

I wouldn't run without the cooler in the transmission. Best to run with both, see the FAQ for a cooler setup.

How would running a seperate tranny cooler affect the the tranny? What is the difference between a separate tranny cooler and the one built into the radiator?

ml

How would running a seperate tranny cooler affect the the tranny? What is the difference between a separate tranny cooler and the one built into the radiator?

ml
you would need a really big cooler such like the oem.and when you go to a big aftermarket cooler what do you get:confused: restriction to the rad.plus you must consider you already have a power steering cooler up front:beer:

I think it would be ok if it was adequately sized. The hot coolant does helps it get to temperature quicker though.

Thanks for all the input. It sounds like i'd be better off to stink with a 62 radiator and add an extra cooler as a upgrade. I was'nt sure what the capacity of the cooler thats built in to the 62 radiator really was.
On another note, Does anyone know how much$$$ the extreme valve body is from Rodney. I did'nt see i price on the website.

Thanks guys-

His price fluctuates based on the exchange rate, and shipping rates. Somewhere around $700 US last I heard. Somewhere around $3500 for the transmission.

Hey Euclid,
Do you have this valve body or tranny in your cruiser. If so how do you like it? Can you describe the performance? Very interested.

Thanks

Yep, I have the extreme transmission and valve body. Love it. Talked about it a lot on here..

pismo62 has the tranny too. Check out his posts. 10+ other folks that I know of have the valve body, including overhanger.

I would have gotten rid of my truck 3 years ago if I hadn't done this mod. It makes the truck a joy to drive on the highway, where it was a PITA before. The 3rd gear lockup (plus 4:88's) means I'm not getting the bird from everyone else on the road for going so damn slow. I can even pass other cars. :lol:

Terms to search:
Tranny
Transmission
A440F
Rodney
Extreme

I'll start saving now. I'll check out the threads you suggested.

Thanks buddy

The Rising Sun Raffle Truck will be sporting one of Rodney's Extreme Valve Bodies with 3rd and 4th gear torque convertor lockup, one of his tranny temp gauge kits and an oil cooler he is also sending to us. If I had been a little quicker on the draw the truck would have had a full on Extreme Transmission as Rodney offered one to us but the timing was not good for the raffle truck build up. :eek:
Ever since I swapped in the Extreme valve body on my 62 in 2004, the A440F has shifted much more precisely and firmly. Not a cheap mod but worth the money IMO helping a transmission with nearly 200K miles on it shift more like a new one.

Yep, I have the extreme transmission and valve body. Love it. Talked about it a lot on here..

pismo62 has the tranny too. Check out his posts. 10+ other folks that I know of have the valve body, including overhanger.

I would have gotten rid of my truck 3 years ago if I hadn't done this mod. It makes the truck a joy to drive on the highway, where it was a PITA before. The 3rd gear lockup (plus 4:88's) means I'm not getting the bird from everyone else on the road for going so damn slow. I can even pass other cars. :lol:

Terms to search:
Tranny
Transmission
A440F
Rodney
Extreme

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom