tranfercase seal leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
anyone have trouble getting the nut off holding the transfer case output flange? pulled the rear drive shaft, my impact would not loosen the nut holding the transfer case flange , even tried with 3tf breaker bar. it is right hand thread right?

i thought you would say that will get a bigger impact too! just wanted to be sure don't want to break it . . thanks!

i thought you would say that will get a bigger impact too! just wanted to be sure don't want to break it . . thanks!

My output nut came off with the 650lb impact that I use, without un-staking the nut. I would be very surprised if you managed to break the transfercase output shaft.

If un-staking doesn't help you, then use some heat from a torch. That always helps.

Put it in 4wd, lock the hubs, have someone hold the breaks and then go at it.

Dynosoar:zilla:

Prolly put on the last time with some red loctite - hit it with a bit of flame first, then use the impact cranked up to 100 psi or more.

I had to break the nut that's on the end of the input shaft (the tranny's output shaft). No mater how much force I used, it would not move. It met it's match in an eight-pound hammer and a cold chisel. I used the grove in the shaft where you stake the nut as a place to get a good square bite on the bastard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom