1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trails near Glenwood Springs, CO

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Tentsontop, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Tentsontop

Tentsontop

Will be in Glenwood in a couple weeks. Would like to find a ghost town or other cool wheeling trail while in the area. Can anyone help me out?

2. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    pick up charles wells book...he does trails all over colorado. there's two volumes. he doesn't do any right in glenwood (only one i know of is deadman creek), but he does marble/crestedbutte which is right there. that area gets italian creek, pearl passs, schofield pass (a bit notorious if you check it out ;) ), taylor pass, ohio pass, kebbler pass, lead king basin, plus a few more that i can't think of right now.

also, if you go to marble, you will find the most photographed mill in colorado history. don't remeber where i read that, but it's a cool mill.

3. Tentsontop

Tentsontop

Marble

I might try that. How hard/long is it?

4. zgcruiser

zgcruiser

There are some decent trails, not very long though...Rising Sun maintains one that goes up to a public cave. There a good one called Crystal Mill outside of Carbondale is supposedly one of the most photographed areas in the U.S. Too bad my cruiser is over @ Jeremiahs. But I may have a new one here if you need/want a tour guide, when you coming down? Let m eknow Ray

5. zgcruiser

zgcruiser