trails in the richmond/VA area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pretty new to the "off roading" scene. i live in richmond Va. looking for some local richmond/VA trails to put my fj62 on. If anyone knows of any or wants to go, let me know.

Check out behind the Forest Hill target or wal mart. If you google maps it you can see a bunch of trails. I never went but a bunch of locals would go back there and get stuck.

I get back into town end of month if you want to plan a trip in march let me know. It wont be Richmond but I can bring you to the valley on all types of trails

I get back into town end of month if you want to plan a trip in march let me know. It wont be Richmond but I can bring you to the valley on all types of trails
where in the valley do you go?

From Flag pole to Potts trail , although Ive never have done crab tree
have you ever been to shoe creek? I hear thats pretty fun...not sure how advanced it is.

That's the other I haven't been to I a have however came in from waynesboro up to the blue ridge i think its big levels, they all seemed pretty easy just a little rocky.

Shoe Creek is fun, but I think it's closed. The trail ran through private property and the owner got tired of people doing stuff they shouldn't. He put in a gate halfway through, or so I've been told.

Potts Mountain is a blast. I have never done big levels but I heard the camping is good. There are tons of trails in the GWNF but they are more fire road status - nothing too challenging.

A photo from potts at the end of last year.

Potts 2015 (26).jpg

Shoe Creek is fun, but I think it's closed. The trail ran through private property and the owner got tired of people doing stuff they shouldn't. He put in a gate halfway through, or so I've been told.

Potts Mountain is a blast. I have never done big levels but I heard the camping is good. There are tons of trails in the GWNF but they are more fire road status - nothing too challenging.

A photo from potts at the end of last year.

View attachment 1204924
how hard is potts? also is it mainly one trail? or can you pick and choose between a couple?

Pitts is one trail. The main trail is pretty difficult. I would say 33s and a locker to be safe and probably sliders. You could do it with less depending on how pretty your rig is and how reckless you want to be.

There are optional obstacles that are very challenging.

It's closed for the winter but will reopen in April I think. I'd love to go back.

I am! I'm doing Wheeling 4 Hope at the end of April and there are a couple east coast events coming up. My rig should be good to go all summer assuming I don't do something stupid!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom