trails close to colo springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Iv'e got an awsome death wobble on this runner that iv'e got and I'd like to do some wheeling soon.(would like to play around somewhere as close as possible) Went up to Eagle rock about 3 weeks ago and it was snowed in, what fun trails are there in the area? I would like to find some trouble around rampart range as Iv'e heard that there are some cool things (iv'e also heard its very boring,lol)

suggestions? :popcorn:

we only have one hard close trail to the springs, and its eagle rock.

that is kindof a crappy thing, we have lots of good wheeling 2-3 hours away, but not alot of stuff close by..

as far as easy stuff - Mt Baldy, Rampart Range, China wall.

on a more Serious note.. FIX your Deathwobble!! im getting it with my truck right now, and its not a good thing! If you dont fix it it will destroy your tires, your tie rod ends, your Knuckle Beearings, your shocks, your springs, and possibly kill you in the process!

There is somthing wrong, and your truck is telling you it needs fixed!

Check your knuckle bearing preload, your wheel bearing preload, your Tie rod ends, Shackles, Steering box, Castor Angles, ect till you find out why its doing this!

we only have one hard close trail to the springs, and its eagle rock.

that is kindof a ****py thing, we have lots of good wheeling 2-3 hours away, but not alot of stuff close by..

as far as easy stuff - Mt Baldy, Rampart Range, China wall.

on a more Serious note.. FIX your Deathwobble!! im getting it with my truck right now, and its not a good thing! If you dont fix it it will destroy your tires, your tie rod ends, your Knuckle Beearings, your shocks, your springs, and possibly kill you in the process!

There is somthing wrong, and your truck is telling you it needs fixed!

Check your knuckle bearing preload, your wheel bearing preload, your Tie rod ends, Shackles, Steering box, Castor Angles, ect till you find out why its doing this!

Your shop located in springs?
Im looking to have it checked out/ Im simply tired of spending my weekends on rigs...Im burnt out of wrenching...I NEED TO WHEEL. lol, what would you guys charge to diagnoss the issue>?
Thanks,Anthony:bang:

Check your Toe in/out. Everyone in the Toyota world with a solid axle tells you to have your rig set 1/4" Toe in. I'm screaming bullsh*t on this one. My rig has Major death wobble set toe in. I set mine 1/4" to 1/2" Toe out and it runs straight and true down the highway. You can do this with a tape measure at the front and back of the tires. I bet setting yours toe out will fix your problem and it's easy.

BTW, There are plenty of fun trails on Rampart, you just need to explore. I find myself getting into trouble almost every time I go out. You just have to have some imagination. Yeah, it's not non-stop challenges, but you can have a lot of fun. Just remember to stay on the trails. Try 300u and 300v for starters, then just hit all the side roads you see. Maybe I will play tour guide next weekend or something, have to see how it goes.

Im down for some follow the leader. Hopefully this weekend I can make some time to check out that toe that were talking about

Anthonyz,

The Shop is out in Calhan, 30min east of town.. on somthing like this, it would be an hourly rate.. $60 an hour, we should have a good idea of what the issue is after that..

There is alot of different things that it could be. If you dont have us look at it, just stay patient. you will figure it out!

man, 60 bucks an hour? That's pretty reasonable. If you guys were a little closer I might think about not busting my damn knuckles all the time and let you do my work......:D

lol, If we where in town we would have to charge $80

if we where in woodland we would charge $100, And i would Live at the shop if i could!

now that you guys have a wallmart, i have no reason to stay down in da springs :D

on a secondary note, i now belive that my Death wobble is because of the way my tires are worn. and they are worn this way because of the Death Wobble.. Catch 22 i guess..

My death wobble started as an unbalanced tire, but it stopped as a result of me setting my steering toe out. Tried to set it back toe in with new tires and the death wobble came back, so try going toe out. :D

anything is worth a shot!, ill try it!

im thinking a Ruff Stuff 9" Housing with a Hi 9 and SpiderTracks Dana 60 outers will help too. May need to pick up a Super 14 Bolt for the rear, and some 40" Kevlar's, 17" Walker Evans Beadlocks, Full Hydro Steering, King Coilovers with Bypasses, an Atlas 4 speed.. Oh and last but not least an LS1 from Turnkey..

Oh and a new Deisel and Trailer to tow it on.. And trailer to go with that.. Maybe a nice 40x40 Shop to store it all in..

Wait, :confused: What are we talking about, i got Sidetracked. :flipoff2:

Dammit, still haven't made the adjustment/ lol I hope with
the long weekend to get the time for it/knocking on wood
that the fix is that easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom