Trailgear low back seat covers from Cabelas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

corleykj

Jack of some, definately master of none.
Threads
Here is some info about the trailgear seat covers from Cabelas (about $60 for two shipped) for those mud members considering them as an addition to their fj40.

I love the look of the factory black seats, but the summer sun quickly makes them uncomfortable for me and my family. I have been wanting to try something for a while without spending $300 on wet okoles. I had been looking at the regular (high back) trail gear seat covers from cabelas and a good friend installed them in his 80 and really liked them but they just recently offered them in low back.

I pulled the trigger and bought the gray and black ones for my front bucket seats. I ironed them, sprayed them with some waterproof spray, and installed them.

Installation isn't super easy on the passenger side due to the gas tank being so close. I unbolted the seat frame and carefully passed the straps underneath. The seat cover sides aren't super tight looking but hopefully I can cinch them up better after they break in a little and I have some more time. The backs look ugly compared to my black factory looking vinyl I had before, but for a universal cover I think they fit the bill.

Would I buy them again? I think so. They do a great job of making the 40 more comfortable in the Wyoming summer sun.

Anybody else have these seat covers and want to chime in?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom