Trailers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who's got trailers and what do you use them for?
I have 2 which never get used anymore.:bang:
#1 2010 Monsoon 18' Toyhauler used for the road trip of the century
The map
Texas%252520and%252520Arizona%252520459.jpg

@ Yellowstone
Yellowstone%2525252520298.jpg

@ Downtown Denver
IMG00151.jpg

@ Grand Tetons
Yellowstone%252520and%252520Tetons%252520Wyoming%252520181.jpg

@ Yosemite
California%252520019.jpg

@ Pismo Beach, CA
IMG00048.jpg

@ NC Outter Banks
Philly%252520to%252520Oregon%252520Inlet%25252C%252520NC%252520220.jpg

@ Gulf Islands National Seashore
Florida%252520in%252520its%252520entirety%252520817.jpg

@ "Hole in the Rock" UT
IMG00056.jpg

Last edited:
Trailer or camper?

I have an 18 ft enclosed that I use for nothing.
It's been in the driveway - unmoved - for the last year.

Still in design stage...
trailer.jpg

will be used for hauling lawn mowers, pulling tractor, junk... and also have a removable "top shelf" that I can eventually put a roof top tent on.

I could probably just buy an M105, but thats no fun

How many miles did you rack up on that epic trip there Brian?

Trailer #2
1990 M101a2- Getaway Trailer (work in progress)
IMG_20110424_100507.jpg

IMG_20110403_183319.jpg

IMG_20110402_192613.jpg

IMG_20110424_091636.jpg

IMG_20110708_173036.jpg

IMG_20110403_183232.jpg

Nice pics! Not to thread jack but I am going to Yosemite this summer and wondering if there is any good off-road things to do? I also see you have some bikes up on top. Do any biking there? MTB especially

There is nowhere to off road in Yosemite. It's all hiking and rock climbing. It is the most majestic place I have ever been and I recommend it to everybody. You MUST make reservations for camp spots prior to getting there or you have to get in line @ 6am an pray someone cancelled. Then you have to pack up and do it every day you plan on being there. Not fun. :mad:
There are plenty places to wheel outside of the park though. If you are looking to MTB or wheel, stop in Moab. It won't be that far out of the way. Also the Grand Canyon should be on your route as well. Hit up Expedition Portal for more trail info out there.

Still in design stage...
trailer.jpg

will be used for hauling lawn mowers, pulling tractor, junk... and also have a removable "top shelf" that I can eventually put a roof top tent on.

I could probably just buy an M105, but thats no fun

How many miles did you rack up on that epic trip there Brian?
The trip was over 16,000 miles. Plus about 3k more back and forth to AZ moving here. Truck and trailer worked flawlessly! I hope to bring the trailer out to SI for my next free weekend.

I did this using Google sketch up. I have never done anything like this before and I found it to be a blast! I will be using my M101a2 as the platform. This is what I hope to have my trailer like soon:
trailer4.jpg

trailer2.jpg

Fleetwood E3 pop up with 2 king size beds 1 full size bed, kitchen with 3 way fridge, pull out dining area, full shower/bath, stereo with outside speakers ,AC and most important it is FOR SALE
peaches and e3.jpg
e3.JPG

There is nowhere to off road in Yosemite. It's all hiking and rock climbing. It is the most majestic place I have ever been and I recommend it to everybody. You MUST make reservations for camp spots prior to getting there or you have to get in line @ 6am an pray someone cancelled. Then you have to pack up and do it every day you plan on being there. Not fun. :mad:
There are plenty places to wheel outside of the park though. If you are looking to MTB or wheel, stop in Moab. It won't be that far out of the way. Also the Grand Canyon should be on your route as well. Hit up Expedition Portal for more trail info out there.

Yeah I am trying to convince my brother to drive my FJ up and I will just fly in and meet him since I only have 7 days off for the trip :eek:.... But if we all just fly in I am wondering whether I should bring my own bike or just rent one for some easy trail stuff. But thanks for the tips!

16K wow, still a great way to spend a summer I'm sure

I've never actually messed with sketchup, but that looks pretty good.
So will your m102 become strictly a camping trailer, or can you remove the fold out panels so you could use if for your 4wheeler or other stuff?

2007 Fleetwood E3
photo.jpg

My new toy...... 35 ft 2007 Fleetwood Laredo 315RL
IMG_1567.jpg

Brutus will B riding stile:clap:

Ha, Brutus wishes he was. This one is for the kids and the :princess:. I have the same problem Larry does. We love camping but have a princess that still likes the bring the comforts of home with her. I'm sure I won't complain much:D

Wow that impressive! How long did it take? I started a thread on travel pics post some up.

Who's got trailers and what do you use them for?
I have 2 which never get used anymore.:bang:
#1 2010 Monsoon 18' Toyhauler used for the road trip of the century
The map
Texas%252520and%252520Arizona%252520459.jpg

@ Yellowstone
Yellowstone%2525252520298.jpg

@ Downtown Denver
IMG00151.jpg

@ Grand Tetons
Yellowstone%252520and%252520Tetons%252520Wyoming%252520181.jpg

@ Yosemite
California%252520019.jpg

@ Pismo Beach, CA
IMG00048.jpg

@ NC Outter Banks
Philly%252520to%252520Oregon%252520Inlet%25252C%252520NC%252520220.jpg

@ Gulf Islands National Seashore
Florida%252520in%252520its%252520entirety%252520817.jpg

@ "Hole in the Rock" UT
IMG00056.jpg

Wow that impressive! How long did it take? I started a thread on travel pics post some up.
You asked for it! Here's my story in a nutshell...
Unfortunately, the trip was only about 100 days. We definitely needed another 100 to make it worth it in the end. Don't get me wrong, it was an experience I may never have again, but it sure would have been great to see a lot of other places.
My next cross country journey will not involve one single interstate (if I can help it). We missed so much because we were always so excited to get to the next destination.
The trip was conceived while living in AZ and watching the economy just go to s***. I was working for a high end real estate developer as a special event manager. I put on huge marketing events, concerts, 4th of July and holiday type events. As the economy started to crap out, people stopped buying homes and paying their Association fees and such. Our company let go of 98% of the employees and stopped building homes late in 2008.
After 3 months of job searching, I was given a job with the landscaping company that worked for my development. They gave me a company car instead of much salary. (This is where I started looking for an FJ40. Found my FJ in the meantime and have been happy since!)
I knew this job wouldn't last long since we serviced only high- end developments and they could no longer afford our service. They lost 75% of their business and cut back most of their staff- me included. To give you an idea of what happened in PHX- In 06 my house was valued at $245k. It's for sale today for $61k. So needless to say, I knew I had to get out of PHX.
BUT, I was prepared this time! My wife and I sat down every night for about a month planning out our epic journey. We plotted 50 cities/ towns that we researched that would fit our lifestyle and job opportunities. I knew there was no longer a reason to keep our house so I started shopping for a trailer that we could camp in while travelling around the country. I was looking at a full blown expedition trailer that would have set me back way more than I expected. Plus it didn't have the room for all the crap my wife wanted to bring. Like I said in an earlier post, I really liked the E3 and was about to pull the trigger when my wife saw the one we bought online. It was perfect! It has a huge bathroom with a shower that we both could fit in. Big queen size bed, tv, stereo, and all cooking appliances. Plus, we could park both of our quads in it. It was the only thing that the FJ could legally pull and still be under the 5k lb mark. Although we were closer to 6k all packed up. :whoops:
So, we bought the trailer, I lost my job, gave up on the house, and headed west. We did a trial run to Moab and across Colorado for a couple weeks and everything worked fine. I figured there would be no better test than pulling through the mountains. We came back to PHX, packed up a mobile unit full of our stuff and sent it for storage.
We started our journey with a pretty good idea of where we would go. Heading straight west to San Diego, north to Vancouver, east to Philly, south to the keys, then back to AZ. While seeing friends and family along the way, we changed the route up some to accommodate their plans.
We spent 2 weeks in Plaquemines Parish with my Bro in law and he hooked me on La right away. We fished everyday and enjoyed a few cold ones in the process. I probably gained 20 lbs in that 2 weeks eating all the delicious food! Everyone I met was real friendly and we had a great time in the city. I realized the NO was a city that was moving in a positive direction and growing compared to most of the country at that time. Needless to say, we booked it back to AZ, grabbed our things and moved back out here.
I consider it one of my best decisions...

While at a few parks, I've seen flat bed trailers large enough to cary trail rigs that included living quarters on the front of the trailer. Many were 5th wheel type multi axle trailers that had been custom build to include living quaters, but does anyone make such an animal. I've found a number of enclosed race trailers, but not what I'm looking for.

Trailer Inspection

I just got back from getting my M101A2 inspected at the Troop B state troopers and it passed with flying colors!
It was super easy! I drove up, walked in, he looked out the window, then filled out the paperwork approving the trailer! Didn't cost a dime!
Now I have to get the registration completed. Then I'll be at ease taking it all over the place. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom