1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trailer wiring harness for LX-450, YES I read the other threads!

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by rwheelz, Aug 28, 2006.

1. rwheelz

rwheelz

Sorry for the disclaimer- since I am new to the site I don't want people to shout at me to use the search function!

I read many threads on trailer wiring harnesses, BUT... do I use the connectors underneath the car (that the factory service wiring manual refers to for trailer wiring) or the connectors in the back right panel near the passenger side tailight? The prior threads refer to both, in some threads interchangeably! I DO have the connectors underneath (97 LX450) and would prefer to use those since they are already outside the car and right there by the hitch (aftermarket, just installed it).

I am picking up the Hoppy harness # 43405 tomorrow morning, at least one user said he used the Drawtite 18357 and connected it underneath the car. Is the Hoppy only good for connecting inside the vehicle inside that panel? I do not have the factory black box in there.

Thanks!

Edit: To help with other people's searches, the drawtite:
    http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/m...e_Code=E&Product_Code=18357&Category_Code=VWH

The Hoppy I got at a local advance auto, they order them in but have them the next morning.

2. Grench

Grench SILVER Star

Drawtite wires -- T-One Connector

The Drawtite box was EASY to install and plugs into the factory plugs up underneath the rear bumper.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=104627&highlight=red+hitch

Look at the 4th picture (2nd post). The 3 black end plugs are up between the back bumper and the spare tire. Two of them are plugged together and you have to unplug them from each other. The 3 white plugs come with the light harness kit.

In the pic you see a #%^load of wire ties holding something up inside the frame rail. That is a 4" long, 1.5" wide and 3/4" deep black box.

They called it a "T-One Connector" at www.hitchfinder.com.

Fun stuff.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">