Trailer wiring harness 94 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got the converter harness. Before I cut wires, do I cut into the wires in the signal assembly(where the bulbs are for brake,taillight and trun signals) are or is there a better place to tap into? I will use real wire conectors not the snap in ones.

K -

On the 95-97s, there is an OEM plug for the harness - intended for use with the factory tow package - no wiring cutting necessary (located on the PS in the area of the rear cross member). Double check with the pre 95 guys before you start hacking it up!

Cheers, R -

The package for my plug-in trailer wiring kit (NAPA number 755-1470/Hoppy 18357) says it is for 91-97 L/C and 93-95 4 Runners. I have the pkg out because I am returning it to NAPA; it failed after only about 5 months of service - they say they will swap it out, no questions. Good Luck, BigMac

Cool, for some reason I thought it was for 95 and newer. I checked on line and they also say 91 to 97. Its a good thing I asked I almost chopped up the wires and I don't like to solder. The OEM/dealer add on used snap on wire conectors and it didn't work when I got it.
I will order one and see if it works.
kurt
I don't know what I would do with out IH8MUD

Kurt,
I'm beginning to wonder if you do anything other than ih8mud.

:D

-B-

I know what I would of done without the internet(preIH8MUD). When I had the fj60 I would of gotten fedup with all the problems I had getting it in tip top shape, that I would of never got the 80 and got a Double Cab Tacoma and saved a lot of $$$ :D

I looked at some harness and other than Hoppy no one has '95 and older plug in harness. Toyota or the dealer, sells '96+, along with a couple of others.
If the Hoppy is '91 to '98 and the others only sell '96 to 98,is there a differance between the 96+ and 95 and older tail light wiring?
kurt

Kurt,

Nope :D

Then why wouldn't a 96+ work on my 94?
Did Toyota sell the harness or is this a out source?

Toyota offered a splice-in and a plug-in harness. The year model applications escape me at the moment but you can use either one on 91-97. I can tell you that the current OEM converter/harness that is available is WAY TOO MUCH MONEY. In fact, It embarrases me when I have to price one for somebody. It is over a hundred and fifty bucks and easily worth less than 1/3 the aquisition price ::) If my tail light perverter (opps, converter) ever fails I'll replace it with a Hoppy or similar.

D-

Kurt, that's good to hear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom