Trailer Talk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
a link system is going to be time consuming .
but use the main leaf only and fab coils mounts for load what would be real cool is air coils then could adjust ride as the weight differs 7U will deff need good shocks with coils.

a link system is going to be time consuming .
but use the main leaf only and fab coils mounts for load what would be real cool is air coils then could adjust ride as the weight differs 7U will deff need good shocks with coils.

Not a bad ideA, I've seen people put air shocks on it

sweeeet score on the m416!!! Those are getting hard to find.

Want an adventure trailer... What better way than build it to learn all about it.

I was looking at that one :)

I'd rather the size of an M101a2 though.

I was looking at that one :)

I'd rather the size of an M101a2 though.

Haha too slow!

They have a few. Ft hook has a TON on auction with no reserve. Most sell for pretty cheap I hear.

Google " govliquidation"

Here is what I'm starting with. The M101a2. I bought it off Brian. I have removed the brakes, rewired it for 12V and then remade the lunette ring to lower it so it rides better behind the FJ.

2011-10-24 17.03.25.jpg

Here are some pics of how it sites now. Not much different though.

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

And a couple of underneath. You can see where I removed the backing plates and all of the tubing for the brakes. I probably lost about 100 lbs doing this. I also put two of my old tires from the FJ on it.

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

Haha too slow!

They have a few. Ft hook has a TON on auction with no reserve. Most sell for pretty cheap I hear.

Google " govliquidation"

Oh, there is one on Craigslist near new orleans. I thought you got that one.

I haven't seen a M416 on a gov liquidation sight in a long time. But i have mostly decided M101 just for the extra size. Can sleep in it with Roux and have gear as well.

Oh, there is one on Craigslist near new orleans. I thought you got that one.

I haven't seen a M416 on a gov liquidation sight in a long time. But i have mostly decided M101 just for the extra size. Can sleep in it with Roux and have gear as well.

That's the one I got. In peridi?

Congrats Erick. You planning to do a RTT on it?

That's the plan. First and foremost is to clean it up and then draw some build plans. blast and sand it and get it ready for primer and paint the same color as my truck.

You guys rock. That's awesome that everyone is buying or building trailers. I look forward to getting to that stage. For the time being I will have to make do with the FJC and a tent but since I travel solo I don't think it will be an issue. Congrats on all the new purchases and projects.

You guys rock. That's awesome that everyone is buying or building trailers. I look forward to getting to that stage. For the time being I will have to make do with the FJC and a tent but since I travel solo I don't think it will be an issue. Congrats on all the new purchases and projects.

Thank you sir I plan on picking everyone's ideas for the trailer. I hope Kevin or will gets a trailer soon, I wanna look at bracing

here is a design i did on some cad software i have... its basic, doesnt have the slide outs, awning or tanks for water and propane... but shows the idea...

trailer screen shot.jpg

it never hurts to ask LOL

I can say it here because it is not his for sale thread but that dude is out of his mind if he thinks that a refurbished m416, that still has the old military tires and wheels and axle, a very simple lid, with a 1000 dollar tent is worth $4200 dollars.

Dudes cray cray. :)

Mine once all done will cost me 2,000 in tent paint trailer and awning... Another 200 for rims and tires and even with tool boxes an jazz I might have 3 k in it. Maybe... But we shall see I did it this way instead of buying one pre built to learn a little as I go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom