Trailer hitch quieter/ anti-rattle .... need help from you fabricators! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think that anti rattle hitch will work on the 2016+ versions as the frame on the 2016+ doesn't have the same build under the hitch for that part to grab onto. If you are going to go order one I would suggest first look under the receiver area on your LC and see if that is also the same as pictured.

Can someone share the contact for the shop? And also what are they calling this so I can know what to ask for.
Hazzard Fab Worx Spokane WA

i am a little surprised that they are selling these over the counter. I thought mine was a one off. I suggest that you just describe it as a Land Cruiser 200 hitch anti-rattle device, send copies of the pictures I posted here, and a picture of your hitch. Mention my name if you like.

Other than this, I can’t do any more.

I can comment that no tape, stuck down washers, eTrailer side mounts, bead welds or other devices will be as solid as this once it is in place.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited:
I take hitch out when not towing and install it when towing. Never makes any noise when I am not towing. Never makes any noise when I am towing. Sorry could not help myself. I will say that most of yalls solutions look pretty cool.

What John Davies said. I called ,described what I wanted. $50. He sent one to me.
just give them a call. No worries. Works great!

Has anyone been able to purchase one? Looks like they lost the cad drawings. Any other solutions? I have my Mx hauler I need to tamper down

Has anyone been able to purchase one? Looks like they lost the cad drawings. Any other solutions? I have my Mx hauler I need to tamper down
Any decent steel fabrication shop should be able to reproduce this if they have your truck there to guide them. It isn’t rocket science. It doesn’t have to look exactly the same, it just needs to be a stout S shaped hook that can enter the bottom cavity while giving the antirattle u-bolt something to grab onto.

I guess there is a small market for these - maybe a fabricator would be willing to make a batch of ten or so units to sell on eBay or here in the Mud classifieds.

John E Davies
Spokane WA

You can just buy one of the collar ones from amazon. I did that and keeps my trailers from rattling.

I got this one here and it works good.

Amazon product ASIN B00LV18KWM

Update to this thread.

Hazzard Fabworks still sells their anti rattle hitch thing. I called last week and they have them on the shelf for $130, shipping is extra. Yay for inflation.

Mine arrived today and I’ll be using it next week. Just test fitting but it appears to be the best fitting option I’ve found that works with my Dissent bumper.

IMG_8860.jpeg

Update to this thread.

Hazzard Fabworks still sells their anti rattle hitch thing. I called last week and they have them on the shelf for $130, shipping is extra. Yay for inflation.

Mine arrived today and I’ll be using it next week. Just test fitting but it appears to be the best fitting option I’ve found that works with my Dissent bumper.

View attachment 3590917
I think I paid $50 pre-Mr. 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom