Trailer build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so quite a few weeks ago i bought a lowes trailer and decided to doctor it up a bit :D i started with this and then started brain storming :beer:

dbc  trailer 002.jpg

TRAILER BUILD 004.jpg

TRAILER BUILD 006.jpg

After cutting off all of the mesh and grinding all the welds what a pain . i started on the axle i wish i would have taken pictures but i used a original drum axle spindle . removed the brass bushing and machined a stub to fit the bore and the axle tube center and welded it up . way beefier than the original and it matches the 40 wheel pattern . i added a set of 32s . i started to size up a left over top i had . the fiberglass work was a pain to say the least .

dbc  trailer 002.jpg

i just realized that i missed a few pics along the way . i added some real fenders and painted it with the trusty rattle can so it would be easy to be touched up and it will be setting out in the elements and easily freshened up . i added a kick stand so it can set level when not in use . i also got a sweet deal on some tan vinyl for the sides.

miller 001.jpg

miller 002.jpg

miller 003.jpg

overall i am happy with the build . After looking for a military trailer for a while this one is way lighter and suites my needs. i think the cargo space will be just right for what i plan on doing with it. i am in the hunt for 2 more matching wheels .

TRAILER80.jpg

TRAILER.jpg

That is very cool...job well done!

~Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

thanks guys! i think that trailer was only about $360 for a 3.5 x5 not a bad deal for a base platform. it is very hard to get a title and vin for a home built trailer in pa .

Looking good Rob. Got to hook up sometime.

My Cruiser i soon to be gone next week I believe for an FJ80.
Taking the easy way out. :)

Keep it up.

The top is a cut down fj40 top . I narrowed it and cut a section from the middle to shorten it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom