trail top interest? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gauging the interest on trail covers that softtopguy (Travis) and I have been working on. These covers were actually modeled after the bronco ones that were out here a few years ago. Some changes were made to fit better and make a more quality product. Travis is making the covers and handling all the transactions and shipping so it is really his deal. I just have the prototype top and have fit it on a few trucks for him. I will let him speak on the final price but from our conversations I am pretty sure he will be in the $170-$180 plus shipping area.

Here are some pics of the prototype top on my truck…
IMG_0499.jpg
IMG_0502.jpg
IMG_0503.jpg

my truck has a factory roll bar, you can see it is baggy so it will fit most family cages also. I am sure not all cages will fit, if you have somthing huge and weird it might not work..... here is what it looks like on Posers red truck... based on Posers truck Travis is adding a few inches deeper and a few inches longer... I dont have a pic of the new top after the changes, but you can see it is just a little too tight on steves truck
IMG_0515.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg
IMG_0516.jpg

What material will be used for its construction?

Will it be water proof?

Will it have a bag to keep it in when not in use?

What is the timeline for availability?

Thank you.

What material will be used for its construction?

Will it be water proof?

Will it have a bag to keep it in when not in use?

What is the timeline for availability?

Thank you.

I will let Travis comment on the final material as it will not be the same canvas type that the proto was made. He did tell me but I have forgotten. It will for sure have a bag for storage when not in use. From my understanding Travis is ready to start making these, just would like to get an initial idea of how many would go out on the first run.

a> I want one

b> once you are 'sale ready' please post in the Merchandise Storefront - not Tech :)

a> I want one

b> once you are 'sale ready' please post in the Merchandise Storefront - not Tech :)

I will for sure... I just wanted more of opinions now and I know it gets more traffic here than merch. Storefront.... thanks woody!

Hey guys, thanks for the interest!!!The top will be made out of Denier (mildew,rot resistant,light weight for ease of use, 1/2-3/4 Urethane back coated,UV protected,and HIGHLY WATER REPELLENT)

The top will come in black and beige.

I built in a new feature down the middle back, a ridge strap which you can see in some of the photos. Its purpose is to strap off and be pulled taught to create more water run off on most cage configurations.

The cost will be $160.00 plus shipping from zip code NC 27518 to your zip, to the 1st 20 orders and then go to the regular price of $180.00 plus tax:bounce::bounce2:

I actually got mine from Rick Halle, the bronco guy who screwed everyone.....

I had mine made a bit bigger for a Metal-Tech full family roll cage. If anyone wants pictures or measurements, please let me know.

I actually got mine from Rick Halle, the bronco guy who screwed everyone.....

I had mine made a bit bigger for a Metal-Tech full family roll cage. If anyone wants pictures or measurements, please let me know.

I have one also... and this is what the pattern was taken from... only it was made bigger. so it will be about the same top as what the bronco one was.

I have one also... and this is what the pattern was taken from... only it was made bigger. so it will be about the same top as what the bronco one was.

It sounds like we are two of the lucky guys....

Just remembered, I had mine made to go over my Bestop Super Top, so it's a bit bigger. I wanted it that big in case I was running without doors or trailering my 40.

It sounds like we are two of the lucky guys....

Just remembered, I had mine made to go over my Bestop Super Top, so it's a bit bigger. I wanted it that big in case I was running without doors or trailering my 40.

yea I am not sure if this will do that or not, as I dont have a best top to try it out on.

Hey guys, thanks for the interest!!!The top will be made out of Denier (mildew,rot resistant,light weight for ease of use, 1/2-3/4 Urethane back coated,UV protected,and HIGHLY WATER REPELLENT)

so is Denier the same kind of fabric that the bronco top was made out of Travis?

Would they be strong enough to trailer your cruiser with it on?

I would say no, at least not the first proto type we have done... in order to make the top so you could safely trailer would add considerable cost and effort not saying it could not be done...

and maybe people would trailer with this one... I would not, and when I tryied it on posers truck we had that discussion also and he felt the same as I did.

I would be worried about any top that flappin and messing up paint

I would say no, at least not the first proto type we have done... in order to make the top so you could safely trailer would add considerable cost and effort not saying it could not be done...

and maybe people would trailer with this one... I would not, and when I tryied it on posers truck we had that discussion also and he felt the same as I did.

I would be worried about any top that flappin and messing up paint

I have trailered with mine and haven't seen any messed up paint or rub marks. Bonus: it held up nicely and saved my SuperTop from the abuses of the wind. :popcorn:

Ditto...
I have trailered mine about 5 times (Rick Halle cover) 5 hour drive one way.. no blemishes on the paint or anything.. The top held up nicely..

I think it's cool that you are stepping up where he left off :cheers:to you

I have trailered with mine and haven't seen any messed up paint or rub marks. Bonus: it held up nicely and saved my SuperTop from the abuses of the wind. :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom