trail tool storage - sockets (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sockets on the clip style holders, wrenches on freebie carabiners, misc bolts/chemical goo/zip ties in tupperware, all inside a softside tool bag.

thats why those of us informed use tool BAGS instead of boxes.;)

I'll never give up my ammo box.

Of course it's so full nothing can move around in it. Any space left over after tools is stuffed with shop rags, nitril gloves, and blue paper towels.

I'll never give up my ammo box.

yeah i thought the same thing, but i LOVE tools in the bag and i use the ammo boxes for all the "stuff" now like hose repair sections, hose clamps, tire repair, leak repair (epoxy, raditator seal ect.) tie wire, zip ties ect.ect.

Harbor Freight.....

I got a SAE & Metric set of sockets in 1/4, 3/8, & 1/2 from Harbor freight. They are Pittsburg Tools. So far I have had no issues with them. (I heard that they are generic Craftsman....) They come in their own plastic cases. Their combo wrenches come in a roll up type of dealy... (Like the one mentioned above.)Mine is an older cloth one that has held up well, but the newer ones are cheap plastic. For anyone looking to get a first set or a second set for in the truck they are cheaper and have a pretty good warranty.... :) (If that really means anything anymore....:confused: )

Blue 60

When I was in the Navy, we had a bunch of tool pouches on belts for working on the flight deck. They were made in the squadron by the Parachute Riggers. Every tool had a little pocket with a little closure, all of which was in a pocket with a flap and velcro. It was a little slow to work out of, but you always knew exactly where everything was, and if anything was missing it was imediatly apparent. I guess it is bad to leave them where they can get sucked into intakes? If I knew exactly what I was going to carry from now on, I'd make another pouch like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom