Trail Teams @ the Sonic Meet! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tontorecreationalliance.org
The Trail Teams have confirmed that they will be at the Sept 15th Sonic meet with three FJC's, two trail trucks and a stocker that anyone that wants to can test drive at the meet. So show up, give the trail guy's a big AZ welcome and kick the tires on Toyota's trucks!:grinpimp:

We are working on a run for Saturday that will allow the most people possible to flog Toyota's trucks (and your own truck if you would like) on some challenging obstacles. Learning from the other runs we first thought to limit the run size, but that doesn't seem fair, who would you exclude? The Trail Teams require that you have a driver for your rig while you drive theirs, I have been on the trail with them 4 days and have yet to drive due to this rule. Most trails only have a few big obstacles, so most just get to drive on dirt roads.

Our plan is to use a short section of trail with a bypass, run the FJC's over the obstacles, return on the bypass, change drivers and repeat. This way everyone that wants to can drive them on significant obstacles. This also allows the options of arriving late or leaving early without being stuck in a long line of trucks. When everyone that wants to has driven we will break for lunch, then split into smaller groups and run some trails in the afternoon.

The venue for this fun is the Florence Junction area. With lower/middle Woodpecker being used for the "test" drives, good obstacles in short sections, easy access, good parking, etc. Then a ton of close trails for the afternoon, from mild and scenic to wild and body bashing.

We will need trail leaders, tail gunners and spotters that know the area. I plan on making a scouting trip out there sometime in the next week and would like a couple of others along if possible. It would be good to have some idea how many will be there, so post up if you plan to attend!:cheers:

Danm danm danm danm danm, I have to work Saturday the 16th

You would think if there were any passengers at all, you could get them to drive your truck, after they get first dibs on the FJ's, of course. I guess if it's a hairy trail you wouldn't want someone else behind the wheel of your rig though...

-Spike

New club theme...Drive it like you borrowed it from Spike...

I'm out. Zoe's 4th b-day party that day. Thats far more important than messing up spikes rig. :D

MaddBaggins said:
I'm out. Zoe's 4th b-day party that day. Thats far more important than messing up spikes rig. :D
How about letting Zoe drive spikes rig for her 4th birthday party? I'm sure you could tell her it's one of her gifts ...

:flipoff2:

-Spike

Relix said:
How about letting Zoe drive spikes rig for her 4th birthday party? I'm sure you could tell her it's one of her gifts ...

Best part is she'd prolly drive better than Spike anyways...:flipoff2:

Oh yeah, Kevin, I'm in.

Meh, as long as she's following Daddy's truck, I'm all for it. What could go wrong?

-Spike

-Spike- said:
Meh, as long as she's following Daddy's truck, I'm all for it. What could go wrong?

-Spike

Ouch! :eek:

-Spike- said:

-Spike
ouch

i know i'll prolly get a bunch of crap for this, but, have you noticed how the H2 bashing has pretty much quit now that toyotas version is out and alot of folks like it ????

I'm prolly in. Kevin - post when you want to do the scouting trip and I'll try an arrange to tag along.

RHINO said:
i know i'll prolly get a bunch of crap for this, but, have you noticed how the H2 bashing has pretty much quit now that toyotas version is out and alot of folks like it ????

F-H2!!! I still snicker everytime I see one. I have noticed when I see one the drivers nose is way up. Either he thinks that gives him a better view over the hood or he's looking down his nose at the rest of us. F-H2Tahoe

medtro said:
I hope to test drive all 3 FJs on Friday night :rolleyes:

Toyota will not allow on-road driving of the modified vehicles by anyone other than employees. Hence the road truck they are bringing on Friday. Sorry bout that Jackson:frown:

However, the FJ team could probably be easily convinced to do more wheeling on Sunday which I know works into your schedule a little better.

BMAN said:
Toyota will not allow on-road driving of the modified vehicles by anyone other than employees. Hence the road truck they are bringing on Friday. Sorry bout that Jackson:frown:

However, the FJ team could probably be easily convinced to do more wheeling on Sunday which I know works into your schedule a little better.

He didnt say he was going to ask....

I'll be there in my HJ2 or whatever the $#@. I was thinking of paying some dues but it sounds like I'd be better off hanging with soccer moms.:princess:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom