Trail Tailor Upper LCA Skid Plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Jason! Three short stitches that can be cut off sounds easy and strong to me, that's what I'll do.

I wouldn't say I plan to "hard wheel in the rock", I would say I plan to "moderate wheel in the rocks at stock ride height with 32 inch tires" which means I'll be dragging brackets and diffs on every trail.

I'm keeping the rig low and the tires small because it's a daily driver and family road trip truck, but I'm not afraid to hit the lockers and point it up the trails designated for jeeps on 37" tires.

-Bucket

IMG_7775.jpeg
IMG_7776.jpeg
IMG_7777.jpeg
IMG_7779.jpeg

@BucketEighty Id keep a close eye on those bolts, lookin kinda short.
Yeah, I welded a thick washer into the recess on the outside of the factory brackets to get pressure directly from the skid to the bushing sleeve, but as a result I get less deformation of the skids and the bolts are too short. They’re an odd size so no hardware stores in town have them in grade 10.9 (~metric grade 8) so I ordered some from McMaster. All that to say, I tried to outsmart Jason’s good design and I have longer bolts and lock nuts on the way. Photo of the spacer washer below.

IMG_7772.jpeg

I just torqued them down to OEM spec and let the skids deform a bit. It's a non issue. Mine have been on for years and have been worked hard. Most likely need to replace them soon.
Post a photo of your worked skids! Mine look too straight and clean and need to get hammered on the rocks.

Post a photo of your worked skids! Mine look too straight and clean and need to get hammered on the rocks.
lol, I will try to remember, my truck and me are down, just had neck spine surgery......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom