TRAIL TAILOR - REAR BUMPER - 100 Series Land Cruiser/LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got everything off and I'm ready to cut off the cross member. Do you remove the entire cross member to include the muffler hanger? If yes, how do I go about with securing the muffler end? Or do I cut just enough to leave a bit of the cross member with muffler hanger?

Thanks,
Jackson

cut it all the way off to the rail. If you look at the back of the bumper you will see the new crossbar goes almost to the frame

Remove rear crossmember as pictured.

My resonator mount is on the main frame not the rear crossmember. I removed the resonator on mine, serves no purpose IMO and passes smog without it... But resonator should stay in place if wanted see pic above...

J

IMG_20190526_093018999.jpg

The bumper and swing arms are of top notch quality. Jason and team at @TRAIL TAILOR were really thoughtful in the design and fabrication. I would highly recommend it to folks looking for a rear bumper.

I didn’t have to modify the bumper or swing arms at all for the install. I really appreciated the dual Timken bearings and bearing seal for the swing arms. There are not any creaks or any noise from either swing arm when I tested them out over the speed bumps near my place. I had bought lug nuts but Jason thoughtfully included black ones as part of the kit and the strap for gas cans.

I think it’s 36 mm socket for the retention nut and 2.5” combination wrench for the swing arm caps (Harbor Freight has a jumbo set for only 60 bucks)

I really dig the modular ladder swing arm and the telescoping lights on tire swing arm.

I love my rear bumper from @TRAIL TAILOR Here it’s loaded up as I made my way from Sentinel Campground to Sunset Campground in Kings Canyon over Memorial Day Weekend. The bumper/swing arms were drama free even when I took Buck Rock Jeep Trail after visiting the lookout.
0831F58A-14FD-4A44-95A4-01A5CA51899E.jpeg

It's the Gobi ladder. I had just enough room to clear it. Keep in mind my spare is 17x8 with 0 offset. Fitment may vary for higher offset wheels.

-Jackson

@TRAIL TAILOR Jason, you still working on rear bumpers for the 100? Couldnt find them on your website and the link you posted in another thread went down.

I have one 100 rear bumper shell remaining from this last batch to build out.

PM me with your needs and I can get you taken care of.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom