TRAIL TAILOR R&D CRUISER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Front and rear 80 coils onto 60 axles using the 60 frame
Front and rear 80 coils onto 80 axles using the 60 frame
80 axle with 60 rear leaf using the 60 frame
[/QUOTE]

What are the benefits of the three setups you will be testing. I imagine the 80 coils on the 60 axle might be the easiest/cheapest but using all 80 suspension would have the best ride.

Front and rear 80 coils onto 80 axles using the 60 frame
80 axle with 60 rear leaf using the 60 frame

What are the benefits of the three setups you will be testing. I imagine the 80 coils on the 60 axle might be the easiest/cheapest but using all 80 suspension would have the best ride.
[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same, but I think the 60 front axle is stronger. If you’re using 80 suspension, I’d suspect the ride would be the same whether it was 80 axle or 60 axle. I’d like 80 rear for the disc brakes and full float and 60 front, both work 80 coils.

I have all the brackets drawn and in CAD. Just need to get them cut and bent. I'm hoping for a end of year/Jan release date.

I've shut down fabrication to the public for the rest of the year and just finishing up my two last orders and will only be keeping stock updated. So things will start to progress in another 14-18 days.

J
I need two set's of fronts for 80 axle in 60!

Picked up this clean 10/85 cruiser today.

Plans are to use it for the following:

This is something I am really watching. I would imagine (or hope) all of the needed brackets for suspension (pan hard and whatever else) would be part of this.

Moving to a coil spring 60 is something I have wanted for a long time without a frame swap ever since I saw a Series Land Rover that had this done. I thought, the 60 would be perfect for this.

This is something I am really watching. I would imagine (or hope) all of the needed brackets for suspension (pan hard and whatever else) would be part of this.

Moving to a coil spring 60 is something I have wanted for a long time without a frame swap ever since I saw a Series Land Rover that had this done. I thought, the 60 would be perfect for this.

Yes, all brackets will be included in the kit/s. You will need to supply axle/s, radius arms, rear upper and lower control arms and panhards. I will supply as much or little as a customer wants; panhards, arms, lift, complete axles, etc..

J

Last edited:
I've gotten several emails and PMs about these kits.

"Pricing" of course is the popular question as always--- not set yet, but thinking around the 500-700.00 mark per axle.

"Axle alignments for conversion parts" ---I will make a sheet metal template that uses factory frame holes for bracket placement. These will be in the most optimal location, but of course the end user may adjust as they deem fit.

"Availability" --- Like I said, I hope to have these available by year end. On 11-1 I gain 2400 more sq ft of shop and will be making that the R&D/Mechanic room for TT. My current unit will then be 100% fabrication and machining.

"Quality and materials"--- Same TT quality and customer service all of you have come to know. I'll be using HSLA steel (high strength low alloy) for all brackets. CNC cut, bent for accuracy and welded where needed. I'll be adding onsite mill and lathe capabilities (both manual and CNC) in addition to my neighbors machine shop and my partner machine shop in Iowa. Also adding a 10' box and pan brake for bed builds, consoles, misc floor pan replacements, etc.

So the next couple of months will be busy for us. This is why I'm not taking any further fabrication orders until after the new year.

Once I get progress updates I will post them here. If you don't see pics/updates.............none have been made.............

J

Jason, I have a bunch of blue interior parts if you need them.

Will these work for 62s? I know there are some frame differences but not sure to what extent.

Had a wild thought. Would this enable one to reverse it? Use a 60 front axle on an 80?

Coils for 60s frame, 60s front axle and 80s rear axle, where were you last year when I started my SOA... could have saved a day cutting off all the 80s hardware off the axle to prep for leaf springs.

We've had a company request for us to build a pop/tilt roof conversion unit for a 60 series for their use, installation and offering. So the top may be getting cut on this rig.

From our discussion this will be a crossbreed of the AluCab Hercules and a GoFast tent.

Will know more in a couple of weeks.

J

GoFast
1589258933249.png

Hercules

1589258994836.png

We've had a company request for us to build a pop/tilt roof conversion unit for a 60 series for their use, installation and offering. So the top may be getting cut on this rig.

From our discussion this will be a crossbreed of the AluCab Hercules and a GoFast tent.

J

GoFast
View attachment 2303489

Hercules

View attachment 2303490

This is interesting.. looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

J

GoFast
View attachment 2303489

Hercules

View attachment 2303490

Very interested to see how this turns out, have been looking around at options for pop top conversions that keep a similar roofline to a high-top and have been coming up short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom