TRAIL TAILOR R&D CRUISER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Picked up this clean 10/85 cruiser today.

Plans are to use it for the following:

Front and rear 80 coils onto 60 axles using the 60 frame
Front and rear 80 coils onto 80 axles using the 60 frame
80 axle with 60 rear leaf using the 60 frame
Creeper skid plates (motor & TC)
Plus a few other ideas.

Note the dash pad and Toyota radio, been forever since I've seen either either in "A" condition like these. Running very rich currently. But nothing a good baseline shouldn't resolve. Runs and rides well. A/C blows cool and will get a recharge of R12.

192K on the ticker. This one will be used to develop the above parts and then get a fresh white paint job (no bondo on this 60) All original panels. High quality Aussie carpet and SOR seat covers, new mirrors, Trail Tailor ZERK bumpers, sliders, vents, AC bezel, custom console, tailgate and cargo storage panels.

Will end up with 2" coils on this one. May throw a 5 speed in as well.

J

IMG_20191018_114136649.jpg
IMG_20191018_114112974.jpg
IMG_20191018_113453242.jpg
IMG_20191018_113313348.jpg
IMG_20191018_113352540.jpg

I'm not much for "white" cruisers... Maybe others aren't either and why they keep ending up as donor rigs in my shop.

I just have a disdained view coming from an oilfield background in Texas where EVERY DAMN TRUCK IS WHITE... YUCK.

J

Damn, Jason.
Another thread I to watch!

That yeasu looks like it fits in there really nicely! Have you fired it up?

Pretty excited about the 80 coils on 60 frame...

I just have a disdained view coming from an oilfield background in Texas where EVERY DAMN TRUCK IS WHITE... YUCK.
You just worked in the wrong oilfield - no trucks here, white or otherwise :).

1571539499060.png

I keep thinking of what I want to do with the '84 FJ60 I bought new - a dedicated trail rig (maybe even with a bobbed rear end) keeps popping up as a possibility. Now that my '86 FJ60 build is done I can play around with the '84, maybe using some of what you come up with on this new R&D project.

How long do you think it will be for the rear 80 coils on 60 frame to be available?

How long do you think it will be for the rear 80 coils on 60 frame to be available?

I have all the brackets drawn and in CAD. Just need to get them cut and bent. I'm hoping for a end of year/Jan release date.

I've shut down fabrication to the public for the rest of the year and just finishing up my two last orders and will only be keeping stock updated. So things will start to progress in another 14-18 days.

J

I have all the brackets drawn and in CAD. Just need to get them cut and bent. I'm hoping for a end of year/Jan release date.

I've shut down fabrication to the public for the rest of the year and just finishing up my two last orders and will only be keeping stock updated. So things will start to progress in another 14-18 days.

J

I will be keenly interested in seeing this progress. You can keep me on the short guinea pig list.

This is awesome. I have a project cruiser and 80 axles are on the list. Gotta build my shop first though.

+1 on the coil 60 bracket kits. Extra incentive to hold off on ordering any new springs for a while longer.

I couldn’t agree more. I hate white trucks. There was an Australian guy a few years ago did an
80 series front axle that was perfection. He ended up chopping this gorgeous red 60 into a
competition buggy. Kinda broke my heart to see such a perfect example of extreme and wagon
together. Anyways, have at it and let’s see how cool it can be 😎

What’s with the white truck bashing? Maybe it’s been too long since you guys saw the color on a 60 in fresh paint ;)

597C6A0E-8B04-4D90-8552-6C1D172C995E.jpeg

Besides, stock color is an off white, sort of cream. Gets lots of compliments 👍🏻

Anywho...stoked about the brackets your developing for the 80 axles Jason! Can’t wait 😊

-Ed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom