Trail Tailor Offerings (13 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe next year we drop a LS3 cruise and connect in it....
Sexy - Aroused Zoidberg.jpg

We were talking today. The 3FE is ok with H55F 5 speed, but just not enough. 1st and 2nd gear is fun but.....3-5th gears.......BLAH.............
Ooooohhhh don't tell me that. I'm having @torfab swap out my A440F with the H55F that's in my shop hopefully come springtime....

@TRAIL TAILOR with the 80 axle swap, you’ll be adding rear disc brakes? With the suspension mods you mentioned, is this going to be something you can ship? Or does it have to be installed locally?

Ooooohhhh don't tell me that. I'm having @torfab swap out my A440F with the H55F that's in my shop hopefully come springtime....
You will be very happy with H55F upgrade. Not sure why it wasn't OEM on 62's.

@TRAIL TAILOR with the 80 axle swap, you’ll be adding rear disc brakes? With the suspension mods you mentioned, is this going to be something you can ship? Or does it have to be installed locally?

Yes rear discs. Once the system is dialed in it will be parts and pieces that can be boxed and shipped.

J

As of this afternoon I'm booked out until April on 80 axles swaps and re-gears.

Thanks for the interest in the axle swap conversions and diff rebuild/locker service.

I usually have diffs with 4.11, 4.56 and 4.88 gears and ARB lockers on the shelf ready to swap out (core out) for those interested, low after this run of axle swaps. AJ and I will spend the next two weeks setting up 12 diffs with lockers as time allows.

Thanks

J

A few have asked if I will have 60 bumpers available next year and the answer in general is yes. I will try and keep base bumpers ready to finish out to customer specs. I won't ever have a "stock" offering on the shelf that ships the day after its ordered. Too many variables..... Lead times will vary pending demand.

Right now we are at 6 axle swaps on the calendar plus the one here now. These vary from coil/coil, coil/leaf with stock to fully modified extras; including NEW H55F 5 speed and NEW transfer case additions. Brackets will start to be cut, bent and welded next week. Everything is done in-house on these kits. If we do the install you can provide axles, lockers, etc or we can supply. We will completely go through and inspect each piece and rebuild. I will NOT install any axle that we don't go through and rebuild/inspect completely.

Tough Dog foam cell shocks will be the main push on shocks and coils from us, but we can provide other parts and/or part numbers from others such as King and Bilstein. All other 80 coil manufacturers will work for this mod.

We make adjustable heavy duty CNC machined RUCAs and RLCAs (7075 billet aluminum version too), 4130 CrMo extended sway links and 6061 aluminum extended bump stop blocks in house as well for guys wanting extras and to dial in every aspect of the conversion. Shorter lifts (2" and under) can mainly use stock components, but with taller lifts (2.5" and up) the parameters and geometries start changing that need correction on an 80 suspensions.

From the run out on the CAD files on the HSLA - A572 material we use for a majority of our products now:

Front complete bracket kit will be $935.00 plus shipping- bare metal (taxes apply if in CA)
Rear complete bracket kit will be $1335.00 - plus shipping bare metal (taxes apply if in CA)

THESE KITS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS.

You will need to supply axles, shocks, coils, radius arms, RUCAs, RLCAs, sway bars and all needed brake components for this conversion.

Jason

Last edited:
A few have asked if I will have 60 bumpers available next year and the answer in general is yes. I will try and keep base bumpers ready to finish out to customer specs. I won't ever have a "stock" offering on the shelf that ships the day after its ordered. Too many variables..... Lead times will vary pending demand.

Right now we are at 6 axle swaps on the calendar plus the one here now. These vary from coil/coil, coil/leaf with stock to fully modified extras; including NEW H55F 5 speed and NEW transfer case additions. Brackets will start to be cut, bent and welded next week. Everything is done in-house on these kits. If we do the install you can provide axles, lockers, etc or we can supply. We will completely go through and inspect each piece and rebuild. I will NOT install any axle that we don't go through and rebuild/inspect completely.

Tough Dog foam cell shocks will be the main push on shocks and coils from us, but we can provide other parts and/or part numbers from others such as King and Bilstein. All other 80 coil manufacturers will work for this mod.

We make adjustable heavy duty CNC machined RUCAs and RLCAs (7075 billet aluminum version too), 4130 CrMo extended sway links and 6061 aluminum extended bump stop blocks in house as well for guys wanting extras and to dial in every aspect of the conversion. Shorter lifts (2" and under) can mainly use stock components, but with taller lifts (2.5" and up) the parameters and geometries start changing that need correction on an 80 suspensions.

From the run out on the CAD files on the HSLA - A572 material we use for a majority of our products now:

Front complete bracket kit will be $935.00 SHIPPED- bare metal (taxes apply if in CA)
Rear complete bracket kit will be $1335.00 SHIPPED- bare metal (taxes apply if in CA)

THESE KITS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS.

You will need to supply axles, shocks, coils, radius arms, RUCAs, RLCAs, sway bars and all needed brake components for this conversion.

Jason

J,

Front Bracket kit is for 80 series front axles? Or are these engineered for 40/55/6x axles?

I want to see a video of you plasma cutting those brackets off.

I’ll cry when I think about the hours of cutting with grinder wheel I did.

I'll use the 12" air saw and a plasma.... I figure about 5 minutes to rough cut and then maybe 25-30 minutes with the 36 grit 3M Cubitron discs to get things weld ready.

J

I'll use the 12" air saw and a plasma.... I figure about 5 minutes to rough cut and then maybe 25-30 minutes with the 36 grit 3M Cubitron discs to get things weld ready.

J

And I thought I really discovered something with PFERD cutting wheels.

Announcer comes on:

“And these are the Days of Our Lives”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom