Trail Tailor Offerings (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

J... great looking rack...!!

What kind of clearance is there between the rack floor and the vehicle roof ?
The weight on this rack is mind boggling !!!

:beer::beer:

F,

The bottom of the rack crossbars will sit approx 3/4" off the highest crown on the roof line. With 260# at that center (approx. .5 sq ft dead center) it will be ~9/16" with that much weight. This is based on ONE crossbar at a full span, less 1/8" each side for the bar to sit for testing. The crossbar will sit on a pad mount that is 2.25" per side. I can even bounce my weight and it still never touches the roof.

I've gone into super psycho OCD detail mode and the overall weight is a 52.8# now. I want this to be the lightest and strongest rack offered anywhere..

J

I was impressed to see the process/development in which Jason goes through to develop a product. Many pieces, different bends, angles and sizes to come to the best overall product. I cross bars on this rack look very stout yet the weight (lite) will be what I think most people have been looking for. I love my new rack, but I may have to but another vehicle for this new rack to go on!

No need to buy a another cruiser for this rack. I plan to use Esme for the 100 rack when she gets back up here to prototype that rack... So you'll get a deal there...........

J

I've gone into super psycho OCD detail mode and the overall weight is a 52.8# now.
That can only translate into good news for all of us......

Impressive numbers, J...!!!

Thanks for the quick comeback...

i’m giddy with anticipation! with the description how can i go wrong with this rack. i just want to see what it looks like as i have a specific style/look in mind which still may be changeable!!

totally get it!! life happens and realistically i don’t need it tomorrow. i just want it !! i look forward to seeing what you’ve come up with!! also interested in your design for the basket extensions when you have them drawn up. i like the basket idea but realistically what i see so far may be more practical for me anyway!

totally get it!! life happens and realistically i don’t need it tomorrow. i just want it !! i look forward to seeing what you’ve come up with!! also interested in your design for the basket extensions when you have them drawn up. i like the basket idea but realistically what i see so far may be more practical for me anyway!

Extensions will be one of the last things I design. Seeing as only 3% of my rack sales are full basket, but... 41% are the expo style. I'm really thinking of making a tube to modular design. I think it will look great and take the design back to an older look at the same time.

@franklin40 and others.

Here is where the side panel is at right now. This is revision #5 so far.

J

SIDE RAIL 60 RACK.jpg

Hey J, do you plan on making front bumper mounts for an fj62, to replace the flimsy factory ones? I see you make ones for a 40.

I've been looking for a good set to reverse engineer off of. Every set I have is buggered up pretty good and I can't design off of them.

I've been looking for a good set to reverse engineer off of. Every set I have is buggered up pretty good and I can't design off of them.
Hey Jason, I have mine from when I put my bumper on that I think are in good shape. Ill take a pic of them when the rain stops and if you want them I'll bring them when I'm back that way.

Hey Jason, I have mine from when I put my bumper on that I think are in good shape. Ill take a pic of them when the rain stops and if you want them I'll bring them when I'm back that way.

That'll work K. I'll grab your rear ones when I swap the rear too. Now just 60 sets.

J

Well 9 pallets of Tough Dog suspension parts arrived today. The metal is loaded on the table for cutting in the morning. Sample rack should be cut, bent and put on Poppy tomorrow.

I have 60 series 2" lift kits back in stock now guys. Special pricing through this month. PM me for details.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom