Trail Tailor Offerings (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jason
I am still interested, looking at the bars above, how does a RTT mount?

I would not want powder coating.

Also as this is aluminum, anyone painting their own, you have to use self etching primer first, or the paint will not stay there long.

Mounts through the crossbar slots.

Once I get 5 guys committed I'll move forward.

Yes you will need to self etch prior to painting, but the timing from cleaning to priming is critical. Etching aluminum 1-3 days after it is cleaned is pointless. Aluminum immediately starts oxidizing once the solvent evaporates and it is introduced back to oxygen.

Agreed on the oxidation. You need to prime it right away. I prefer a Zinc Phosphate primer (and after working on planes years ago I am partial to green), but you need to shoot it right away.

Do you need a deposit?

Good Morning Sir, I wanted to know if you still have the storage tailgate + quarter panels for sale or will you be taking orders in the near future?
I am enjoying the hell out of my " TOUGH DOG" suspension.

Good Morning Sir, I wanted to know if you still have the storage tailgate + quarter panels for sale or will you be taking orders in the near future?
I am enjoying the hell out of my " TOUGH DOG" suspension.
I

I have both the tailgate lids and quarters in stock. But out if the latches. It will be about 2 weeks before they are here.

PM if you'd like to purchase and ill get everything ready to go.

I should have all the info back on pricing in less than a week. I'm having billet cnc mount blocks being quoted now. These will be inset into the 1/4" side plates and then back welded. This one feature will eliminate 100-128 pieces of hardware that others use to attach their clamping/mounting systems.

Also I'm having the gutter clamp feet and threaded stems made from stainless. Its awesome having a machine shop a few units down. We bounce ideas off each other daily. It keeps my brain hopped up which is a good thing. He is also looking into titanium safety/theft fasteners for everything, but he's gonna have to have one helluva supplier to make that price effective. I looked and it was over 130.00 my cost... OUCH! 316 stainless came in around 26.00 and that included a tube of anti-seize.

A quick rundown on materials and features:

BARE ALUMINUM, POWDERCOAT & POSSIBLY HARD ANODIZING (still working on the vendor)

Side plates - 1/4"
Crossbars- 11ga x 4" wide
Fairing- 1/8"
Stainless hardware
Edge molding for all rack to body contact areas
Versa-tie down pucks option for straps, etc
Each cross bar will have a provision on each end to add a E-track strap
Slotted crossbars for complete adjustability for straps
Stainless hardware and gutter clamps
Adjustable wind faring (light bar option in the works)
Provisions to add rear and side lighting

Future accessories in the works:

3" side rail kit for the guys that want a basket rack
Propane bottle carrier
Upper coffin storage box
Hi-lift mount
Shovel/Axe mount
Jerry can carrier
Bottle opener
Boat/Kayak roller heads

Misc other items

Nice job J..

Rich

J,

I might be interested but would like to see how it all looks mocked up.

L,

I should have all the changes finished up and have the shell up by Friday.

As I told a few others in PMs.

I added another crossbar and may bump it to 10 mounts instead of 8. Just me being an overbuilder as normal. But, it'll allow me to reduce the side plates to 3/16" instead of 1/4" and the weight will go down another 7#s as well. Wanting this rack to be super light and super strong at the same time.

The prices I posted will not change for the first 5 buyers as I have already posted pricing. But afterwards, the pricing will go up ~100-120.00 more.

10 of these racks will go into production once I get 5 people committed. I've already ordered the stainless hardware kits, stainless clamp feet and custom aluminum billet machined mount blocks and machined stainless studs for the clamp feet.

Stay tuned.

J

Knuckle tools are almost done.

J
KT collars and shaft 4130 CrMo.JPG
KT Shaft CrMo.jpg
IMG_20171219_072956577.jpg

sweet! i'll be buying one for sure but I'm waiting for your new rack first! i might just jump in if i like the look. there will be a few other items I'm sure i'll stick in the shopping cart too once i go ahead. any more idea when pics of the new rack mounted on poppy will be up? cheers

edit. never mind just read an earlier post from this morning. this weekend sometime!!

sweet! i'll be buying one for sure but I'm waiting for your new rack first! i might just jump in if i like the look. there will be a few other items I'm sure i'll stick in the shopping cart too once i go ahead. any more idea when pics of the new rack mounted on poppy will be up? cheers

edit. never mind just read an earlier post from this morning. this weekend sometime!!

Hey T,

Shipping on these racks will be less to you.

I was busy all day at the shop with two rack installs, a RTT and an awning install and then a guy that came by in between those to have a trailer hitch welded up that twas passing through. I didn't get the final parts cut for the rack. Andrea has plans for us tomorrow and part of Sunday. If I don't get them cut and bent on Sunday it will be Monday for sure.

@Kmonty66 got to see the mini rack and other pieces today. He can chime in on the look and strength.

J

I was impressed to see the process/development in which Jason goes through to develop a product. Many pieces, different bends, angles and sizes to come to the best overall product. I cross bars on this rack look very stout yet the weight (lite) will be what I think most people have been looking for. I love my new rack, but I may have to but another vehicle for this new rack to go on!

All the prices are in, except for hard coat anodizing (this may be awhile).

A few updates here.

I added an additional crossbar (8 total) to make the open space between bars at 6.5". There is less than an 1/8" of deflection on the crossbar with my 261.3# (per this morning) standing in the center. I doubt anyone will ever have that much weight centered on one bar at one time, ever.. BUT, If they do... it'll handle it!

Fairing was increased from 1/8" to 3/16"

Total weight per the cut removal calcs on the table is 54.18#

Lead time will be approx 4 weeks for bare and 5 weeks for powdered.

Pricing:

Bare aluminum rack is 815.00 shipped to a business address to the lower 48. Add 25.00 for residential address.

Powder coating is 220.00 additional (quite a bit of area to blast and coat on these compared to a traditional round tube rack)

Aluminum track tie-down pucks w/ stainless rings (x4) 35.00 additional

I have 14 people on the interested list. Let me know who is still interested.

Jason

I must’ve missed this, but does the rack come with the gutter mounts? So it has everything right out of the box ?

Or is this solely for the rack, very excited to see this and if the stars align I’d probally get the shocks at the same time

I must’ve missed this, but does the rack come with the gutter mounts? So it has everything right out of the box ?

Or is this solely for the rack, very excited to see this and if the stars align I’d probally get the shocks at the same time

Complete system with 10 mounts and all hardware-- NO EXTRA PARTS NEEDED.

J

Complete system with 10 mounts and all hardware-- NO EXTRA PARTS NEEDED.

J

Fantastic!!!

P.S the only accessory you didn’t mention was a ladder, not all of us have those swanky bumpers with the ladder built in. Some more margin to be made if you put your name on a well designed mini ladder

Jason, Can I put this new rack on my 60 without removing the stock rack that is on my 60
already?

J... great looking rack...!!

What kind of clearance is there between the rack floor and the vehicle roof ?
The weight on this rack is mind boggling !!!

:beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom