Trail Tailor Offerings- Racks, Sliders, Control Arms and Misc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
Hello All,

Slowly I'm adding items to my products line. I want to have my 100 series racks, mounts and sliders (sliders will be based on NON-AHC models--for now) available by the end of January to mid-February. I need a couple of guys to help with the R&D, install and report/post back feedback... Pricing will be very nice for these participants.

If there are any interested parties, please PM me to discuss details further.

Some of you may know me from my other series products and from MUD in general, but for those that don't, here are my rack and bumper threads that I have produced for other series.

RACKS --https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/roof-racks-and-mounts.873862/

BUMPERS --https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/custom-40-55-60-70-bumpers-for-sale.812458/

Thanks for any and all interest,

Jason

Last edited:
Let me know when you want to tackle an AHC equipped LX - Thx

Will do on the AHC.

Looks like I have two parties for the sliders and racks (1-flat 1-expo) and I'm talking with one other on a rack. If it works out the R&D train will be rolling hard very soon.

Thank you all for the interest and help. Hope to post progress very soon.

Jason

Hi Jason,

So, the way I read the mounting situation, your racks mounts to the existing 100 series factory roof rails, correct?

Or are the rails removed, and your mounts interface with the roof rail tower mounting holes that are physically in the roof?

On a related note, what is the mounted load capacity of the rack?

Hi Jason,

So, the way I read the mounting situation, your racks mounts to the existing 100 series factory roof rails, correct?

Or are the rails removed, and your mounts interface with the roof rail tower mounting holes that are physically in the roof?

On a related note, what is the mounted load capacity of the rack?

The OE rail will be removed and the new mounts will attach to the rail track system incorporated into the roof. I have not done a physical test on the 100 series.

My 60-80 series gutter systems on a 52" x 84"- 4368 sq in. footprint with 6 mounts was physically tested on the full area with a constant 800# distributed load (This is with structurally solid gutter rails on the test rigs). Another physical test of a constant concentrated load at 80#s with an area of 12" x 18"- 216 sq in. was used in the center (weakest area on the rack). These loads were used for up to a 10 day time period on the 60 and 80. Rigs were used on everything from city streets to offroad trails in that time period. Other than the initial shake down and re-tightening of the gutter clamps for good measure, no issues.

Deflection of each individual tube and joint system can be calculated based on several structural and load factors, but I have never gone through the trouble. I had to do this for my electrical cable tray systems for UL a few years back. I just don't feel it is necessary for a roof rack. These physical tests are TRUE REAL WORLD proof for me.

I believe the 100 series will be a much stronger system overall simply due to the mounting.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom