Trail Tailor in bumper winch plate install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just received my winch plate. Will install with pics and progress in the spring. Until then here’s a shot of the TT tow points.

Pretty easy install on my 2018 - just take your time.
I would skip the powder coat and just rattle can it yourself. Mine was pretty chipped up on arrival-
Jason promptly refunded the powder cost though. Good product. Good guy.

I am also starting to vinyl wrap my chrome. This was a good time since the “eyebrow” pieces had to come out anyway.

You’re getting that reaction not because expecting very small businesses to wreck an $85,000 truck every time they tweak a bumper is just wildly unrealistic.

There would be no Slee, Trail Taylor or BudBuilt bumpers at all (to name a few) if that they had to spend that kind of $ on something like a winch mount.
Certainly. This has been beaten to death in this thread, but my point is it's a fair question to ask and it's also fair for a small vendor to say no, don't act like I'm a villain (not you, the other guy I was pointing out) for asking because that information is important to me.

There's nothing wrong with your question. It seems people jumped to the conclusion that you were bashing the vendor. The dismissive "if you don't like it, there's the door" attitude of this thread ultimately hurts the vendor rather than helps.

Certainly. This has been beaten to death in this thread, but my point is it's a fair question to ask and it's also fair for a small vendor to say no, don't act like I'm a villain (not you, the other guy I was pointing out) for asking because that information is important to me.

Just to clarify, the 08-15 mount on your website fits the 08-12 LX570?

NO that fits the LC200 08-15... I've worked with two people on the HWM for the 08-12 LX570 and have it where I'm comfortable selling it now. It must be ordered directly from me as it is not on the website yet.

Jason

Pretty easy install on my 2018 - just take your time.
I would skip the powder coat and just rattle can it yourself. Mine was pretty chipped up on arrival-
Jason promptly refunded the powder cost though. Good product. Good guy.

I am also starting to vinyl wrap my chrome. This was a good time since the “eyebrow” pieces had to come out anyway. View attachment 1925514View attachment 1925515View attachment 1925516View attachment 1925517View attachment 1925518
Hi! Great Install! Did you change the shock springs or add any spacers for the added weight of the mount and winch?

Just to correct some of the information in this thread:
In post #45 above Jason confirmed the fit for LX570, but due to some issues with installations done Hidden winch mount is NOT AVAILABLE for LX570 of any years until further notice.
I just wanted to clarify this for myself and any other LX570 owner who may want to have one for LCDC 6 in July.
Before I get any flame for this... the info is from the source.

Last edited:
@TRAIL TAILOR , @hedd , @JetSurfer received my mount (2011 LX) a few weeks ago but just opened the box. There are no instructions included so I have a few questions but will start with: What hardware is used to mount it to the frame? The same that was holding the aluminum bar onto the frame? I'm hoping to do this install tomorrow morning with a friend coming over. However, I don't want to get started and take the bumper off until I know whether I need to get some more hardware ahead of time.

@TRAIL TAILOR , @hedd , @JetSurfer received my mount (2011 LX) a few weeks ago but just opened the box. There are no instructions included so I have a few questions but will start with: What hardware is used to mount it to the frame? The same that was holding the aluminum bar onto the frame? I'm hoping to do this install tomorrow morning with a friend coming over. However, I don't want to get started and take the bumper off until I know whether I need to get some more hardware ahead of time.

You ordered a 2008-2015 HWM. I emailed you a install PDF.

TT

When I installed a TT HWM on a '16, I reused the nuts from the factory bumper horn mounts (that go between the aluminum bumper support and the frame).

I had to buy different (longer) fairlead mounting bolts for the F55 mount I chose, but that is probably situational.

Lurking for the next batch of 2008 to 2015 HWM plates to be released for sale. Looking forward to getting this installed on my 2014. :beer:

All, I've completed my install and posted it here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom