TRAIL RUN...DECEMBER 26th...TABLE MESA ROAD (1 Viewer)

Merry Christmas everybody! Becky and I will be staying in Phoenix for a few days around Christmas. We'd like to run a trail the day after Christmas that we've never run in a Land Cruiser (just never worked out)...Table Mesa Road. So, we'll be ready and everyone's invited. Here's the details.

TRIP LEADER: Me, or a seasoned TMRoad expert who wants to take over. :)
MEEING TIME: 9:00 AM
MEETING PLACE: McDonalds on Carefree Hwy. just east of I-17
TRIAL RATING 2.5 with some 3.0 options
BRUSH: Light, though some exists within the main wash...we will have clippers as we're bringing the UZJ100 (the Lexus isn't ready yet. :mad: )

TRIP DURATION: Open...if someone knows the way to the Tip Top Mine area we can hit that too. I'd plan on 4-6 hours.

My cellular...520-975-1723
Let's have fun and celebrate the season on FR41!

lx450landcruiser

Hey john do you think a stock 100 with running boards and stock bumpers make this run? with out any damage?

thanks
mike

lx450landcruiser said:
Hey john do you think a stock 100 with running boards and stock bumpers make this run? with out any damage?

thanks
mike
Absolutely! Plus...what little brush there is....I'll cut!

lx450landcruiser

hmmmm well ill see if i cant sneak the dads lx470 out and come, cant say for sure but it would be nice ta wheel with ya again.

mike

lx450landcruiser said:
hmmmm well ill see if i cant sneak the dads lx470 out and come, cant say for sure but it would be nice ta wheel with ya again.

mike
LX? Awe, geeze. That thing's got built in lift. :cool:

Stay tuned everybody. We're checking on closures and other trail options. Might turn out to be a more challenging run depending on what turns up.

OK, details are finalized. FR41 is open to travel though side roads are closed. We'll not do the Tip Top Mine side trip...it's out of the way. (Plus, one of our own AZLCA members is scouting a special loop run that includes Tip Top for a later date)

NEW NEWS: We may also be joined by some Rovers. I have a few friends in the AZLRO and they may make the trip and bring a few other Rovers. This will make for a REALLY SWEET trip al we'll get to scope out one-anothers trucks on the trail. I'll be the laugh (as usual) because I'll need to trim brush down in the wash area...UZJ100 syndrome. :D

SO LET'S GO EVERYBODY!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

lx450landcruiser

wait wait wait so this is still easily doable in a bone stock lx470? cant hurt the dads ride ya know.

mike

I've done that trail a bunch and have seen stock Xterra's do it (without step rails though)

The only part I wouldn't take a stock truck with running boards is the wash crossing. I saw a new Jeep liberty take the wrong line and completely rip the front plastic bumper off. It was great- It even had the dealer sticker still in the window and paper tags.:D

xrock said:
I've done that trail a bunch and have seen stock Xterra's do it (without step rails though)

The only part I wouldn't take a stock truck with running boards is the wash crossing. I saw a new Jeep liberty take the wrong line and completely rip the front plastic bumper off. It was great- It even had the dealer sticker still in the window and paper tags.:D
I believe that. Liberty = on the ground Lexus = Hydro suspension Some Rover folks took stock Disco's through there recently. The lifted ones flew through...enjoyed more scenery. :D

lx450landcruiser said:
wait wait wait so this is still easily doable in a bone stock lx470? cant hurt the dads ride ya know.

mike
He will give it to you if you put some dents on it :) Go for it :cheers:

lx450landcruiser

not sure i want it? i took it up to alto yesterday for about 30 min to toy with it, i wasnt all that impressed esspecially with the hydro suspention. if anything the hydro suspention would get more use on road then off.

mike

lx450landcruiser said:
not sure i want it? i took it up to alto yesterday for about 30 min to toy with it, i wasnt all that impressed esspecially with the hydro suspention. if anything the hydro suspention would get more use on road then off.

mike
Not really so though it's a different rig for you an it takes getting used. Bring your main ride! :) In fact, Four Wheeler just awarded the 2006 100 as 4-Wheeler of the Year, much due to the hydro suspension.

Wait...

Are there 3 different groups, all meeting at the I-17/Carefree intersection for 3 different trails - all at the same time?

I was reading up and joining for the Copper State Cruiser's run on that forum, and then another member was taking the Crown King route with a small group, and now I see this group?

Are any of these groups actually the same - or is this really going to be a big group of people from the same club splitting up into 3 smaller groups at the same time/same place?

LOL, 3 groups, completely separate. The I-17 and Carefree junction is a popular meeting place. The Nissan group (running the Crown King backroad, crossposted in the Copper State Cruiser forum) is leaving earlier if at all (mechanical problems). The Copper State Cruisers are doing Tip Top Mine, and the AZLCA is doing Table Mesa Road. Tip Top Mine trail starts at Table Mesa Road, hence the similarities. Forum jumping can get you easily confused!

-Spike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom