Trail Ride 8/23-25/2019 East TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you hear me now?

504696B1-1585-4539-AE8C-BC243F3ECF36.jpeg

If you intend on going to this ride, posting here isn’t good enough, you need to message @booradley your phone number TODAY so that he can include you in the group text regarding this ride.
Folks get text info a lot more readily than here and it doesn’t broadcast our intentions online.
@OlSqueaky this means you. Message boo

If you intend on going to this ride, posting here isn’t good enough, you need to message @booradley your phone number TODAY so that he can include you in the group text regarding this ride.
Folks get text info a lot more readily than here and it doesn’t broadcast our intentions online.
@OlSqueaky this means you. Message boo

You know I dont know how this works

Oil pan gasket changed last night, add a leafs going in this weekend, vacation approved, @booradley has my cellular. I'm ready.
Did you have any issues getting the oil pan off? When I changed the one on my 62 a few years ago it was super stuck and I had to pry it off with a bottle jack!

Did you have any issues getting the oil pan off? When I changed the one on my 62 a few years ago it was super stuck and I had to pry it off with a bottle jack!
Nah it wasn't bad, little massaging with a flathead screwdriver and it popped right off. What a friggin mess it makes though. Really hoping it doesnt leak....not a job that I really enjoyed.

I’m out on this awesome trip😔
If anyone needs my radios, or my travel boxes, etc, then come get them to borrow!

Trip report:

Left Trussville, headed north through Chattanooga and Knoxville. Finally hit the Hurricane Creek trail east of Knoxville. Met @OlSqueaky and Drew (he's on here, but I can't find him), and Riley the cruiser dog at the campsite (they had gone up earlier and done some trout fishing). Got to camp at dark.

Got up, hit the trail, and found out it was a little more difficult and took longer than we expected. Coached a brand new Tacoma through the Hurricane Creek to Max Patch trail and watched him lose a few steps and gain a few scratches. Then headed west through Maggie Valley, Cherokee. Caught some awesome views. Then could not find a campsite until almost too late. Pulled into Tsali Recreation Area east of Bryson City.

Got up early, decided to ride as much as we could before heading back. Headed west. Started running low on fuel, decided to take shortcut, cheated death on powerline trail, made it to Tellico Plains. The rain never really bothered us.
  • You want to be close to OlSqueaky and Drew at chow time. They know how to do it.
  • @KKnightUA and his 60 did very well on their first trip.
  • @DPV7070 and I cooked so much bacon we had to throw some away, which is a sin.
  • Need to get some 12-volt chargers for the Baofengs; they tend to run out of juice towards the end of the weekend.
  • The weatherperson was wrong again and is not to be trusted.
  • We hit traffic again in Friday afternoon in both Chattanooga and Knoxville. This is twice in a row that Friday traffic in big cities has been an obstacle. For future trips we may want to either leave earlier or route around big cities where possible.
Good trip. It will probably be even better when it cools down some.

IMG_1752.JPG

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_1768.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like a great time!

Last edited:
Stopping to take in the beautiful surroundings, and maybe have a soda or two.
IMG_1787.JPG

Day 1 camp for @Bama4door and @DPV7070

IMG_1790.JPG

Ready to eat.
IMG_1798.JPG

Last edited:
Headed to Max Patch
IMG_1808.JPG

Airing back up with our Tacoma buddy in tow. He was a real trooper.
IMG_1810.JPG

It was really freaking cool to see elk reintroduced east of the Mississippi!
IMG_1814.JPG

Stopping in the clouds....
IMG_1820.JPG

The "Powerline Trail."
IMG_1840.JPG

(not pictured: @booradley because he blew down this obstacle with amazing speed and agility)

@Bama4door
Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 9.26.25 PM.png

@KKnightUA flexing it up and breaking in those new springs real good like.
IMG_1846.JPG

That's all folks. I'm sure others will chime in with pics, etc. It was a great weekend wheeling with new great friends. If anybody needs a dog to stop a riot, reach out to @OlSqueaky and he can hook you up with Riley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom