trail pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice pics! Shame about kissing the rock although.

ahh presidents choice, its been on my list of "to-do" trails for a while and especially now seein a wagon on it ;) thumbs up brother!!!

now for the Q,,, i see ANGUS wears IROKS, one of the choices to replace my aging SX's. how are the road manners?? are they the radial or bias??

RHINO said:
how are the road manners?? are they the radial or bias??
At the tire shop they were 14 - 17 oz out of balance on all 4. Not a whole lot they could do. Even so they aren't so bad. I delivered pizza on them for the first 3000miles I had them. But I have stock rims with 35" BFG ATs. I had some 37" baja claws on before the IROKs and those were a little better.

There are 2 bias and 2 radials. I still haven't decided what I will stick with in the future.
I may even spend the extra cash on 40" Krawlers.

RUSH55 said:
No, Angus was the guy in the first pic. Great pics SHO NUFF! Looks like the body damage was pretty much unavoidable. What's your drive-train consist of?
stock motor and tranny, 5.29s, Aussie lockers, and I have the cromo Longfield 30 spline set waiting on the stock birfs to break. 39.5/13.5/16 IROKS, custom 16x8s with 2.5" backspace.

If I had some kind of power steering upgrade, I may have been able to cut it harder and avoid the hit. But with the stock setup it was just gonna happen. We worked at it for over 30 mins and then just said fxxx it.

RHINO said:
well excuse me SIR :flipoff2: !!!!

well hell sho nuff that didnt help me at all,, my next brand of tires are still in the air.
Sorry I couldn't help more. The IROKs are damn good when you get off road. I think a little wobble is worth it.

I just found out my tire pressure gauge is off by 10psi. I did that trail at 18 instead of 8psi.
When we stopped to air up after the trail, the gas station gauge was reading 10psi higher than mine. I figured my gauge is shiney and new and the gas station one is old and crusty so mine is right. Any way the last couple days I've noticed my tires seem to be wearing in the middle. So tonight I'm at my brother's house and we check my street tires with his gauge. Sure enough my gauge says 27psi and 2 of his read 37.
Funny thing is I knew my tires didn't look right on the trail. I just thought I was being paranoid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom