Trail-Gear front bumper mods and Warn M12000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@bryson I absolutely love the top plate / step idea you have there on the bumper. I just received my TG front bumper and was curious if you fabbed up the plates yourself or bought them pre-cut and bent from a vendor? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Stosh

@bryson I absolutely love the top plate / step idea you have there on the bumper. I just received my TG front bumper and was curious if you fabbed up the plates yourself or bought them pre-cut and bent from a vendor? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Stosh

I made patterns, and had @I Lean cut them out for me. I know he still has the files, and if you ask nice I'd bet he'd help you out.

@bryson love your mods. I am thinking I will go with the TG bumper as well. Would you be willing to help me with some of these mods? :) I'm just down near Provo. Can you post more daytime pics of you cruiser with the bumper after everything you have done to it?

It's coated, and it looks good! Yes, I'm biased. No big dumb winch yet, as I'm not finished with the refurb on that. Also, the lower lights are not mounted yet because they interfere with winch bolts - they'll go on after the winch.

20170207_171707.jpg
20170207_171725.jpg
20170207_171741.jpg
20170207_171756.jpg
20170207_171816.jpg

Man that looks great! For the price that bumper is looking really good with that simple sheet on top. Looks alot lighter than all the behemoth bumpers I see on here as well. Might have to run by summit racing and break out my welder.

I like your build. Am in the research phase,getting an 80 and this is nice. What wheels and tires size are you running. also, what your rear bumper?

I like your build. Am in the research phase,getting an 80 and this is nice. What wheels and tires size are you running. also, what your rear bumper?

37x12.5r17 on American Racing "Chamber" wheels. The rear bumper is most of a 4x4 Labs weld yourself kit.

Sorry not sorry to go off topic but that is a great color scheme. Did you paint it yourself?

Thanks! A friend and I painted it (I did bodywork, he sprayed it). The roof and rockers are sprayed-on liner, and the body is simple single-stage paint.

Did I Lean get back to you on this? If the price wasn't to much I would take a set too.

@I Lean is a regular here on 'Mud, and I know he responds quickly to messages. I also know he's made a few more of these plates for others. Shoot him a message.;)

Hey Bryson, can you post a couple of pics of how you capped the trimmed body corners? I’m looking to do something similar

Thanks

@bryson , what is the front to back measurement on the Warn winch? Looks like youve got a nice tight fit there!

-- Beej

@bryson , what is the front to back measurement on the Warn winch? Looks like youve got a nice tight fit there!

-- Beej

8.5" deep per the interwebs. I am not near my 80 at the moment to verify. It is a tight fit... Roughly 1/8" clearance between the valence and the winch. Perfect.

Still not a fan of how far that bumper sticks out, but the plates really do make it look 10x better. Looks perfect for someone with a big winch like yours. A+, would read again.

looks nice man! has anyone plated the 2 front lower out triangles on this bumper?

looks nice man! has anyone plated the 2 front lower out triangles on this bumper?
I've not seen it done. Obviously it's possible, but the shape would make it a bugger to plate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom