Trail Gear Bumper/Fairlead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installed a Trail Gear bumper the other day and had plans to use a Warn steel hawse fairlead I had laying around. The bolt holes line up but the fairlead is too tall. Wanting to keep my winch cable so I need a steel fairlead. Anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions on a steel fairlead I can use that fits the Trail Gear bumper?

Last edited:
I don’t have experience with different fairleads but I do have a marlin crawler fairlead on my trailer and it fits nicely. You might need to measure the distance between bolt holes and etc and contact different manufacturers. I’m sure TG makes fairleads too.

I don’t have experience with different fairleads but I do have a marlin crawler fairlead on my trailer and it fits nicely. You might need to measure the distance between bolt holes and etc and contact different manufacturers. I’m sure TG makes fairleads too.
All I see on the Trail Gear website is an aluminum fairlead. I’ll definitely check out what marlin crawler has to offer.

Mine has an aluminum fairlead that is mounted upside down in order to fit. It was installed by the PO and works for now.... but it does block the hitch receiver up front and I will be swapping it out eventually.

I love the bumper but it seems like it may be a design flaw with the mount being so close to the tube. I would probably give TG a call and see if they have any suggestions.

I ended up taking the steel Warn fairlead I had to a machine shop and they cut enough off the top for it to fit.
7430373F-B4F3-42F7-9444-79D70FB57A98.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom