Trail Covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

But do you have more info on that LHD 43?! You can't just drop that in there without a followup; common!

Having said that, I'd be interested in a tan one. Are the places where it rests on the windscreen frame reinforced so the edges don't wear right through?

Last edited:
But do you have more info on that LHD 43?! You can't just drop that in there without a followup; common!

Haha, sorry. That's my husbands 43 that he imported and is doing a diesel swap on. There's a thread dedicated to it somewhere on here... That's about as much as I know, but I'm sure he can chime in with where the thread is if you'd like to read the whole saga. I think he's addicted56 on here.

Ah, that's better. Ok, I know this rig: whew. :)

Having said that, I'd be interested in a tan one. Are the places where it rests on the windscreen frame reinforced so the edges don't wear right through?

Okay, we have a couple of tans. I will post out color swatches so you can decide.

The entire thing is lined on the edges with nylon webbing for added reinforcement. I will take a photo and upload it once I figure out this silly storage allowance.

Easy solution, buy a silver star! Supports the site and is a great deal IMHO.

Are the places where it rests on the windscreen frame reinforced so the edges don't wear right through?

I've used the top of an old dining canopy that was probably originally from Walmart as a trail cover for years. It is not reinforced. I do not baby it. I pull it off roughly and drop it on the ground and run over it. No issues at the windshield corners or anywhere else.

Two more photos

photo-9.jpg

photo-8.jpg

Again, keep in mind this top is NOT made to fit this vehicle! :)
photo-9.jpg
photo-8.jpg

Webbing

Here is a close up of the webbing. There is a webbing reinforcement along the entire edge of the cover.
photo-10.JPG
photo-12.JPG

Chamba,

Here are the two tan options. Keep in mind this material is thin. That being said, the lighter color isn't completely opaque. You will be able to see through it slightly.
photo-11.JPG

Here are the two tan options. Keep in mind this material is thin.

What happens when it gets wet?

My trail cover is nearly water tight. It would suck if it was like a tent and got wet on the inside and dripped on the seats, etc.

What happens when it gets wet?

My trail cover is nearly water tight. It would suck if it was like a tent and got wet on the inside and dripped on the seats, etc.

Good question, Fast Eddy! If you go back to the first page, I went a little more in depth on the exact PSI for water and such. Our first customer also left feedback--he has had zero leakage. The material may be thin, but don't let that fool you--it's very water resistant! And it's a win-win for you, they're super easy to pack away and carry easily in your vehicle!

I just recevied a black cover soft top, I have a Tiger top fom Spector, same as a Best Top with bows, And I could not be more pleased unless it was FREE . It fits perfect, all the way around, secure straps are in the right places also. If you are a soft top cruiser head ,this is a great thing to have , Birthday ,Chrismas, what ever , tell the wife are girl friend, this is what you want. John 1975 FJ40 , In N.C. p.s. Deirdre , thanks Great Service & Great Cover

I just recevied a black cover soft top, I have a Tiger top fom Spector, same as a Best Top with bows, And I could not be more pleased unless it was FREE . It fits perfect, all the way around, secure straps are in the right places also. If you are a soft top cruiser head ,this is a great thing to have , Birthday ,Chrismas, what ever , tell the wife are girl friend, this is what you want. John 1975 FJ40 , In N.C. p.s. Deirdre , thanks Great Service & Great Cover

post up pictures? how much are they??

I would never tow with with cover on !!! wind would do damage, my 2 cents

Well, I see people towing boats with covers on the cabins. I realize the aerodynamics are no where close but you never know. If I am going to spend $225 on a trail cover, I want to be able to tow with it on. Otherwise I'll stick with my $10 tarp and some correctly placed bungees for the trails. My issue, like many others, is that I have no top, soft or otherwise, for my 40. When I tow in the rain, everything gets soaked. Not a huge issue but if I can keep the water out of the dash, all the better. And $225 is not a huge investment for that. But it is a big investment (to me) for something that a $10 tarp can do (I realize I am comparing apples to oranges as my tarp is NOT close to being waterproof). And I certainly mean no offense to sisterdesigns. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you can tow with this thing on so that I can order one. :clap:

I wish I could post pics, but I'am down with pic feature on my driver. But their are a few pics on S/designs web , may not be the best pics, but you can see that trail cover is not a air tight, cover ,wind will get under it, unless you have it made with a cord pull all the way around , possible ? But as S/designs states it is a TRAIL cover. just thoughts !!

$225 is not a huge investment for that. But it is a big investment (to me) for something that a $10 tarp can do .

This is why no one can make $ on the trail top design.... its been around since I have been on Mud.

Hope someone can make it work, It is something that is needed for those willing to pay for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom